GSXS 1000 Forum banner

701 - 718 of 718 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just had mine done with the cable (2018). Has definitely improved it a lot but would like to try a throttle tamer to see if it irons out the last bit, unable to find anywhere that sells them in the uk though.
Have you checked the G2 website? It says they ship internationally. Though they didn't say what shipping would be.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It's the TPS sensor, as this thread says. If Suzuki just slaps it on, they gotta get it right sometimes. Mostly right other times, and wrong quite often. Like the old saying, even a stopped watch (12 hr analog) is right twice a day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you checked the G2 website? It says they ship internationally. Though they didn't say what shipping would be.
Yeah, checked that but shipping aint cheap and the last thing I ordered from overseas I also got stung for an extra £14 customs charge. They do have some on the m and p website in the uk https://www.mandp.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Throttle+tamert but not sure if any fit and have emailed them but they are no help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 2018 and it was still rough, I initially went the booster plug route which actually helped a lot, later when I dropped my Cat and muffler I went for a re flash so removed the BP, TBH , it was ok but still a little snatchy ( I was running a 16/47 sprocket set at that time though on stock tyres)
I found the best fix to be an R6 throttle tube, I currently run that with 17/47 gearing and a 55 profile rear tyre... I am shortly going to go back to the 16T front sprocket though as currently its very smooth.
Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey guys, just picked a 2016 a week ago and went ahead and adjusted the tps according to the steps on here (super helpful many thanks). Still seem to have a little on off jerkyness to it. I feel a bit more comfortable on the turns now though. Is it still recommended to get a pcv to smoothen it out a bit more or what you guys think? was thinking of the throttle tamer as well but i wonder if it will make it too much of a twist to full throttle..

·
Registered
982 Posts
... was thinking of the throttle tamer as well but i wonder if it will make it too much of a twist to full throttle..
It still moves the same amount to WOT, it's just not a linear movement - little slower opening then a little quicker towards the end.

I haven't done it, but a lot of folks have good luck with Dano's ECM reflash.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It still moves the same amount to WOT, it's just not a linear movement - little slower opening then a little quicker towards the end.

I haven't done it, but a lot of folks have good luck with Dano's ECM reflash.
yes i also thought about doing that too but i know ill be getting exhaust within a year or less so if i send it to reflash wouldnt i have to resend it again after exhaust and intake and stuff? Sorry for the questions i dont know a whole lot about it :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ok so here is my tuppence on this topic.
Bought the bike new in 2015, ran around on TC 1 (not off as orange light annoys me on dash) throttle a bit on and off as reported, after first service I fitted PC 5 and exhaust eliminator, snatch now less noticeable and easier to ride.

Had second service done and asked for the TPS voltage to be set as per this thread, jerkiness now even less noticeable TC still on 1.

Start of this summer started running around with TC off (learning to live with orange light on dash) after having done a couple of thousand miles this summer I can definatley say there is no jerkiness on throttle whatsoever.

So after 3 years of riding the same bike, switching the traction control off altogether certainly makes a difference to how it behaves. Never bothered having the ECU replaced as the surging at low speed never seemed to affect mine

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Ok so here is my tuppence on this topic.
Bought the bike new in 2015, ran around on TC 1 (not off as orange light annoys me on dash) throttle a bit on and off as reported, after first service I fitted PC 5 and exhaust eliminator, snatch now less noticeable and easier to ride.

Had second service done and asked for the TPS voltage to be set as per this thread, jerkiness now even less noticeable TC still on 1.

Start of this summer started running around with TC off (learning to live with orange light on dash) after having done a couple of thousand miles this summer I can definatley say there is no jerkiness on throttle whatsoever.

So after 3 years of riding the same bike, switching the traction control off altogether certainly makes a difference to how it behaves. Never bothered having the ECU replaced as the surging at low speed never seemed to affect mine
Me too.:) Word for word that is my story, except I can't say I notice a difference with TC off. Still on original ECU bike bought 4th June 2015.
I would be interested to know what map you have in the PC-V ?

Reactions: landy10

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The UK Dynojet one for aftermarket exhaust and airfilter

https://dynojet.co.uk/mybike/downloads ?

I am finding the 502 map brilliant with either the stock can or my current IXIL twin pipe, much better mid range.
The stock 501 map is very weak and uses more fuel. Mine came with M20-047-001, now discontinued, which was OK but not as good as the 502.
Apologies if you've heard that last bit before.;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
i ran tc 3 for a year because im mostly highway ,,so it doesnt matter has same power as tc off...this year ran 2 then 1 for the last 6 months...all feel the same to me in city or side road riding.....there all just as smooth or ruff however one looks at it...to me they all feel the same

·
Registered
437 Posts
I know what you are saying Paul and I dont discount what you are saying, but its definatley better with traction control off. Planning a run out this weekend and gonna switch between them when out to do a back to back.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There are no differences in the Maps for Ignition, Fueling, STP or anything else that I can see in the ECU for Traction control - The traction control only operates when wheel slip is detected so I don't see how the bike could be smoother with TC off
In the suzuki blurb it says about monitoring TPS, crank PS, gear position and wheel speed. It cuts the ignition when it senses a discrepency in wheel speed between front and rear. Is it possible that when you switch this monitoring function off in the ECU it allows things to work smoother without having to check whether it requires intervention from the ECU.
Just a thought

·
Registered
210 Posts

I have a throttle tamer and unless they have changed it its not tapered cam for the GSXS1000 its just smaller for more twist. If you ask them for a tapered cam they will send you one with your order. I think the tapered cam they send is one for a crf or wrx.

701 - 718 of 718 Posts