GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I traded my FZ09 for the S1000. I kept a few parts I can use, such as bar end mirrors and handlebar. I was curious to see the difference between the Fatbar on the bike vs the Protaper Carmichael and to my surrise only the rise on the carmichael is lower. I know is not a perfect comparisson but here are a few pictures.

I looked and couldn't find any topics on this, but if I missed, I will appreciate if you guys can send me the link.

Does anyone has the specs on the Fatbar that comes with the bike?

These are the specs on the Carmichael.

Measurments:
A (Width): 800 mm
B (Height): 77 mm
C (Rise): 36 mm
D (Clamp Area): 195 mm
E (Sweep): 55 mm
F (Control Area): 180 mm

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I have some relevant info. The stock bars are Renthal "832" which are custom made for this bike and only available from Suzuki. I emailed Renthal:

> Joe:
>The correct bar is an 832; however this bar is not available in the U.S. unless you purchase it from a Suzuki dealer. We don't even listed it on our website for sale in the rest of the world.
>
> Sorry.
>
> David
>
> David Kaiser
>
>
> website: www.renthal.com
> address: Renthal Ltd (US Office), 28466 Westinghouse Place, Valencia, CA 91355

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took a screen shot from renthal site for 832-01-bk. Recently swapped out to the 814 bar. Still undecided if the 814 is a big enough difference to make it worth it. Wish Woolrich made the clip on adapter for gsx like they do for fz 09

A : 724
B: 106
C: 57
D: 110
E: 40
F: 200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts