GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im looking to put on some protection for my beast but not sure if i want to go puig pro sliders ( the 2 bolt ones) or go with the t rex case protectors

i have never used any of these products soooo

dose anyone have any info for me as to witch is better

thanks

mat

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm currently running R&G 3 piece engine sliders,a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Had a little hick up but got resolved fairly quickly.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Same boat here, unsure whether to go R&G bungs with engine case sliders or Puig pro, or wait and see if GBmoto come up with some engine case covers ??

·
Registered
79 Posts
This may sound weird but i have both,their frame sliders and case covers simply for reassurance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went for both gsg sliders and t-rex case covers. I really didn't trust the look of any of the single bolt sliders to hold up in a fall, and the case covers just provide some extra insurance. These 2 brands go really well together and look like they are a matching set.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went for both gsg sliders and t-rex case covers. I really didn't trust the look of any of the single bolt sliders to hold up in a fall, and the case covers just provide some extra insurance. These 2 brands go really well together and look like they are a matching set.
I love the look of those sliders, but in pics they look like they would just bend inwards towards the enginewith just a small impact. Do they seem pretty sturdy to you? If they are pretty stout those would be the one I'd like to have.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love the look of those sliders, but in pics they look like they would just bend inwards towards the enginewith just a small impact. Do they seem pretty sturdy to you? If they are pretty stout those would be the one I'd like to have.
That's my thinking too with the GSG's....i'm swaying towards the Puig ones that mount via both engine bolts directly with no offset.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,600 Posts
That's my thinking too with the GSG's....i'm swaying towards the Puig ones that mount via both engine bolts directly with no offset.
I agree and went for the Puig Pro. I have since found some plastic caps that fully cover the shiny bolts and draw less attention to the slightly agricultural looking but sturdy brackets.

Reactions: lee711

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had concerns about the gsg bracket as well until i did some looking into them, and after getting them im convinced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts