GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,684 Posts
think im buying the touring in light smoke, for if I ever do long trips. I will try it out, and if it dont look bad, maybe my new main.

im 5'8, will I be looking through the windshield? or above it? because I dont really want to see through a screen. but I dont think it looks bad from the side. the WRS one, looks retarded imo. but idk this may too.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle

· Registered
1,048 Posts
I’ll be getting their sport smoke screen for summer use when available. I’m good for winter with the Suzuki touring screen. Rode 100 miles today with a high of 53 at 10 minutes around 2 pm. Before that it was in the 40s and sunny. Screen works for me and my Gerbing heated jacket cooks me on low with no wind hitting my torso. The Suzuki heated grips struggled on #2 setting with no hand guards blocking the wind. I miss those on the adv bikes. I was wearing Olympia lined winter gloves. On high the grips are very hot when in the city and wind is less. I just do not like the switch on the heated grips. 3 settings and they have to be turned back on after the ignition is cut off. Failure Suzuki this is not what we want. All other manufactures heated grips come back on to where they were after the ignition has been turned off. Yamaha has the best setup on heated grips IMO. The 3 levels are customizable and work very good and through the dash so you can on the fly see what setting you are on.

Back to the screen I’m in for a smoked puig sport as soon as it’s available.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
think im buying the touring in light smoke, for if I ever do long trips. I will try it out, and if it dont look bad, maybe my new main.

im 5'8, will I be looking through the windshield? or above it? because I dont really want to see through a screen. but I dont think it looks bad from the side. the WRS one, looks retarded imo. but idk this may too. View attachment 49878
You should be looking over it. It’s 80mm taller than stock. The touring suzuki screen is 70mm taller than stock and I look over it at 5’9”.

· Registered
9 Posts
I picked up my 2022 GSXS1000 in May, weren't a lot of options at that time and Puig wasn't shipping . Eventually was able to get the small screen, "Sport" model i think. At first it looked ridiculously small, but it actually turned out to be very effective and a great little screen. Unable to leave a good thing alone, recently picked up the new touring screen. I don't know if there are more than one Puig touring screens but is not a real high screen, and the mounting screws are kind of low, so it's very easy to look over which I prefer anyway . However, for me, I'm 5-9, and short waisted , I now feel the wind much stronger against my face shield and particularly at higher speeds it’s awful. Recent 300 miles day trip and neck muscles very sore the next day from the wind against my helmet. Admittedly most of the ride was at a “spirited pace” but still…Maybe there's a way I can adapt it and mount a little higher, or change the angle somehow, we'll see.

· Registered
11 Posts
I’ll be getting their sport smoke screen for summer use when available. I’m good for winter with the Suzuki touring screen. Rode 100 miles today with a high of 53 at 10 minutes around 2 pm. Before that it was in the 40s and sunny. Screen works for me and my Gerbing heated jacket cooks me on low with no wind hitting my torso. The Suzuki heated grips struggled on #2 setting with no hand guards blocking the wind. I miss those on the adv bikes. I was wearing Olympia lined winter gloves. On high the grips are very hot when in the city and wind is less. I just do not like the switch on the heated grips. 3 settings and they have to be turned back on after the ignition is cut off. Failure Suzuki this is not what we want. All other manufactures heated grips come back on to where they were after the ignition has been turned off. Yamaha has the best setup on heated grips IMO. The 3 levels are customizable and work very good and through the dash so you can on the fly see what setting you are on.

Back to the screen I’m in for a smoked puig sport as soon as it’s available.
Maybe not the most protective handguards out there, but I seem to notice some wind being deflected from my hands.
Barkbusters AERO-GP protect lane filterers - Motorbike Writer

· Registered
1,048 Posts
I thought something from the Vstrom line would fit? No?
Looks like it would with the bar ends that go along with the vstrom hand guards. Bolt through the levers looks to be the same size with addition of the top nut to attach the plastic guards. I am still looking into it. Wish my dealer had a vstrom 650 on the floor I could confirm fitment easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts