GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased GSX-S1000 ABS in Texas

Got the bike on 9-5-15 and have no complaints so far. Almost have 550 miles now. I need a few more miles to get the bike's first service.

For some reason a lot of the Texas dealers have the blue colored GSX bike. However, I did find and purchase the red and black GSX bike. ;)

No Faring bikes are being sold till later this month. That's another 25 pounds. Lighter is faster right?

The turn signals have the yellow lens and are not clear like in the press photos.

I just installed a Yoshimura fender delete kit. The directions are not correct and are vauge. The bike does look much better with no rear fender.

Looking to get the Yoshimura exhaust, NOS 40, Power Commander, and different tires.

Again the bike is beautiful, problem free, a blast to ride, and has lots of power under 6,000 rpm (still breaking in the motor).

Glad to find this site and to be a member.

Reactions: Rhyno54 and lee711

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome dude, best choice ;), glad to hear your having fun, she gets better with every mile especially when you get to go north of 6K. Ride safe...... >:D>:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome bro of the land of Kevin Schwantz....have fun with the naked beetle

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid retail. None of the dealers in Texas or surrounding states would budge on the price. However, they did give me 30% off any parts or riding gear I bought that day.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I paid retail. None of the dealers in Texas or surrounding states would budge on the price. However, they did give me 30% off any parts or riding gear I bought that day.
Did you get that red one I was drooling over at Plano Suzuki/Kaw? I went back to drool some more and AJ said she sold it. I almost bought it but decided to wait for an F model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Slightly off-topic: Do these come with a tool kit?
Yes. It's under the rear seat and strapped in at the forward part of the storage area. Look at page 6-6 of your manual for a purty picture.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, there it is, buried under the seat latch bracket. I just failed to look that far down.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the hijack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts