GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
I installed oem meter screen. Had mra race screen for 4 years before that. I found the smaller screen at high mph highway rides. Bike was way more stable. Different bike at those speeds. I鈥檓 loving it. Plus look is just bad axx

Registered
Looks great!

When I was searching for a windscreen, I liked the looks of the OEM Suzuki screen, as well as the Yoshimura "Wind Armor" screen. I read mixed reviews on the effectiveness of both the OEM and the Yoshi screens at highway speeds because they're both so short. It seemed like the smaller guys were saying those two were only slightly helpful and the taller guys were saying they really didn't do anything other than improve the look of the front end. I'm right at 6' tall, so I'm not really short or tall.

I ended up going with the Puig "New Generation" screen. It's a little taller than the OEM/Yoshi, but still much smaller than some of the other screens on the market. I also liked that it doesn't require any permanent modifications to the bodywork, so it would have been easily reversible if I didn't like it. Needless to say, it's still on the bike. It made a substantial difference to where the wind was hitting me at highway speeds, and believe it or not, it's even helpful at slower speeds. I'm less fatigued after long cruises, so I'm happy with it.

Have you had a chance to test it out yet, OP? If so, what are your thoughts on it's effectiveness at higher speeds? And if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By The way does it Make much difference?
Kind of, i have been through the Adelaide Hills twice in 3 days, one with it off, then today SA time to test it out, now the only thing i noticed was when i was in the 100Kph zone, may have been going a tad faster. Today, it lifted my helmet which moved my glasses so things went a bit blurry till i slowed to about 90Kph. will do another run Sunday with a different Helmet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great!

When I was searching for a windscreen, I liked the looks of the OEM Suzuki screen, as well as the Yoshimura "Wind Armor" screen. I read mixed reviews on the effectiveness of both the OEM and the Yoshi screens at highway speeds because they're both so short. It seemed like the smaller guys were saying those two were only slightly helpful and the taller guys were saying they really didn't do anything other than improve the look of the front end. I'm right at 6' tall, so I'm not really short or tall.

I ended up going with the Puig "New Generation" screen. It's a little taller than the OEM/Yoshi, but still much smaller than some of the other screens on the market. I also liked that it doesn't require any permanent modifications to the bodywork, so it would have been easily reversible if I didn't like it. Needless to say, it's still on the bike. It made a substantial difference to where the wind was hitting me at highway speeds, and believe it or not, it's even helpful at slower speeds. I'm less fatigued after long cruises, so I'm happy with it.

Have you had a chance to test it out yet, OP? If so, what are your thoughts on it's effectiveness at higher speeds? And if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
Do you have a few pics of your bike with the screen you could post on here, cheers

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
Had one in 2015 nice cosmetically pretty poor practically.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

Reactions: 1981GSX750E

Registered
Kind of, i have been through the Adelaide Hills twice in 3 days, one with it off, then today SA time to test it out, now the only thing i noticed was when i was in the 100Kph zone, may have been going a tad faster. Today, it lifted my helmet which moved my glasses so things went a bit blurry till i slowed to about 90Kph. will do another run Sunday with a different Helmet.
You need a tighter helmet lol.
I have been thinking of getting a screen for mine but just keep on putting it off.

Registered

Attachments

Registered
Nice machine, nice exhaust system as well. I have a CS racing exhaust system on order.
Thanks! I was originally considering the CS Racing exhaust, but eventually decided to go another direction. I'd like to see and hear the CS Racing exhaust in person. There's a couple dyno videos posted by the company that make the exhaust sound great, but they're filmed from outside a dyno chamber, so it doesn't give a good representation of what it actually sounds like. You'll have to share some pictures and information once you get it in and get some time to ride with it. I'm curious what you'll think of it.

The Leo Vince slip-on in the picture is just a place holder until I get the Akrapovic back from my fabricator. I had the Akra installed along with a Lextek header, but I just switched the Lextek out for an Arrow header. The Arrow outlet was too large for the Akra inlet, so it's getting modified to work. Should have it back in a few days.

Here's a picture of what the Akra looked like on the end of the Lextek header. It will look the same on the Arrow header.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Registered
Thanks! I was originally considering the CS Racing exhaust, but eventually decided to go another direction. I'd like to see and hear the CS Racing exhaust in person. There's a couple dyno videos posted by the company that make the exhaust sound great, but they're filmed from outside a dyno chamber, so it doesn't give a good representation of what it actually sounds like. You'll have to share some pictures and information once you get it in and get some time to ride with it. I'm curious what you'll think of it.

The Leo Vince slip-on in the picture is just a place holder until I get the Akrapovic back from my fabricator. I had the Akra installed along with a Lextek header, but I just switched the Lextek out for an Arrow header. The Arrow outlet was too large for the Akra inlet, so it's getting modified to work. Should have it back in a few days.

Here's a picture of what the Akra looked like on the end of the Lextek header. It will look the same on the Arrow header.

View attachment 46774

View attachment 46775
If we showing off our tails....here is my yoshi race headers and custom fit Austin Racing end can (gsxr fitment)...no DB Killer

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts