GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Definitely like the tinted headlight as well
I think that's a form over function modification. The factory headlight output is terrible to begin with on these bikes, so I can't imagine what it would be like with the tint. Although, if you don't ride at night it doesn't matter!

Here's how I solved the headlight issue on mine. Had an LED projector retrofit done and the difference in visibility and appearance is unbelievable. Very happy with the end result. We have a member here by the name of @SS7 that does these and he did an excellent job on mine. I chose to go with the 100% plug and play option that functions exactly as the OEM headlight did.

Automotive design Automotive lighting Machine Personal luxury car Personal protective equipment

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks! I was originally considering the CS Racing exhaust, but eventually decided to go another direction. I'd like to see and hear the CS Racing exhaust in person. There's a couple dyno videos posted by the company that make the exhaust sound great, but they're filmed from outside a dyno chamber, so it doesn't give a good representation of what it actually sounds like. You'll have to share some pictures and information once you get it in and get some time to ride with it. I'm curious what you'll think of it.

The Leo Vince slip-on in the picture is just a place holder until I get the Akrapovic back from my fabricator. I had the Akra installed along with a Lextek header, but I just switched the Lextek out for an Arrow header. The Arrow outlet was too large for the Akra inlet, so it's getting modified to work. Should have it back in a few days.

Here's a picture of what the Akra looked like on the end of the Lextek header. It will look the same on the Arrow header.

View attachment 46774

View attachment 46775
I will post before and after dyno runs with the stock then the CS, just gota run it in first, only at 300km mark, thats going to change tomorrow though lol
I think that's a form over function modification. The factory headlight output is terrible to begin with on these bikes, so I can't imagine what it would be like with the tint. Although, if you don't ride at night it doesn't matter!

Here's how I solved the headlight issue on mine. Had an LED projector retrofit done and the difference in visibility and appearance is unbelievable. Very happy with the end result. We have a member here by the name of @SS7 that does these and he did an excellent job on mine. I chose to go with the 100% plug and play option that functions exactly as the OEM headlight did.

View attachment 46782

View attachment 46783
That looks even better, how much did that set you back and would your mate sell the plug n play like yours and ship it to Australia ?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I will post before and after dyno runs with the stock then the CS, just gota run it in first, only at 300km mark, thats going to change tomorrow though lol

That looks even better, how much did that set you back and would your mate sell the plug n play like yours and ship it to Australia ?
Great. Interested to see what kind of power the CS Racing exhaust makes. And the headlight wasn't cheap at $600, but totally worth it to me. I sent my headlight to him, he did the work, and then returned it once finished. I know he's done work for other international customers, so I'd recommend reaching out to him and see what he recommends.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Great. Interested to see what kind of power the CS Racing exhaust makes. And the headlight wasn't cheap at $600, but totally worth it to me. I sent my headlight to him, he did the work, and then returned it once finished. I know he's done work for other international customers, so I'd recommend reaching out to him and see what he recommends.
Might try a cheaper option first lol, if I'm not happy with that I will consider your mate, cheers, it lights up nicely though. Cheers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Might try a cheaper option first lol, if I'm not happy with that I will consider your mate, cheers, it lights up nicely though. Cheers.
Yeah unfortunately international orders get ridiculously expensive because I have to supply a new assembly. I can go aftermarket to save some cost. Surprisingly, I get several international orders per year. You can take a look at my other work here:

www.facebook.com/motoheadlights
www.instagram.com/motoheadlights

21 - 27 of 27 Posts