GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what ever reason, it wouldn't stay on. (was using a gopro cord) Had to switch to a cord with a resistor in it, and it worked just fine. My main reason for put it on was to see just what the speedometer reading was a different speeds. What I found out was anything 45 or less it was just 3 miles per hour faster and anything above 45ish it was 5mph faster.. (at 45 I was doing 42mph, and at 55, I was doing 50mpg. The Garmin is mounted with an suction cup mount, and it stayed put up to 154mph, which was 149mph. LOL

Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Hood Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
If I was you I would put a safety leash of some kind on it. I have a suction mounted camera on my car windshield, which tends to drop off from time to time especially when the weather is hot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really mounted it to see what my speeds were. Not going to use it for directions, and most likely it will never see "The Beast" again.

Reactions: dekker

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Only 5 mph off at 149 is much better than I expected. I've got some bike garmins. I'll have to try that sometime. Don't know if I can find the combination of: stretch of road, no cops, and cajones to hit 149, nevermind 154. 🤣

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a place on I-75 near me that I got 159mph, was messing around with a BMW Z4. Started at 100mph at 1 mile to exit, it took less than 15 seconds to got to 159 in 6th gear roll on. It started to got a little lite in the front at 155mph plus, so I back out of it. I also a have a taller screen then stock, so that might had help in the lite front end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts