GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
I have looked at these for winter months, my tail tidy does nothing my soak my arse with the rooster tail of spray the moment the road gets wet..
but mostly only ride when its dry nowadays..

Registered
I have the same problem, each time I ride under the rain. The water splashes onto by back, then goes down onto my seat. My seat turns into a paddle and my butt gets wet.
I have added an 20cm wide aluminium sheet between the rear light and the registration plate. There is a lot less splash but I will still get my butt wet after 45 minutes.
Any idea how to stop getting splashed in the back?
I have reached the point where I am thinking buying another bike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I carry some rain trousers in my bag , buy of course I don't always have my bag with me , even so the spray will hit the back of my helmet and occasionally drops down my neck ... Good old British weather eh !!

Registered
@Delbert: As I said previously I have added a 20cmx40cm underneath the mudguard. It is much better, I can ride for longer before getting my butt wet.
Today, I was washing my bike with the hose. I started to splash the registration plate with the hose like the water is coming from the rotating tyre. To my amazement, a lot of water ended up on the top of the bike. Reason: the water goes between the reg plate and the sheet I added.
I have just ordered another aluminium sheet and cutting tool to fill the gap between the reg plate and the sheet already in place.
I ll let you know the results.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts