GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Pyramid splash guard

1369 Views 28 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Delbert
Hi
Anyone tried one of these ? Any feed back apart from why would you want that ugly thing on ya bike 馃榿..tried two different tail tidys and replaced with the stock fender, still get a wet butt on a wet road 馃檮

Attachments

See less See more
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I have done the water jet test, it is a success. Waiting for the rain for final test
Some goods news and bad news.
The good news is that it does work.
The bad news is that the reason of splash in the back has 2 root causes. The first root cause is definitively the splash coming from the water crashing on the reg plate. So my DIY works.
I think the other root cause is the water splashing between the reg plate and the rear light. I did put a 20cm wide aluminium sheet, so I can only imagine it is not wide enough.
I ll order a 25cm and a 40cm ones and will let you know.

In the meantime, I saw this mudguard much cheaper than the one you had in mind:
Rear Mudguard for Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F / S Katana hugger Zaddox LW6 black
Ah looks like I'll be taking it off soon 馃槱馃ぃ..
I can see how your idea will work though 馃憤馃徎
Some goods news and bad news.
The good news is that it does work.
The bad news is that the reason of splash in the back has 2 root causes. The first root cause is definitively the splash coming from the water crashing on the reg plate. So my DIY works.
I think the other root cause is the water splashing between the reg plate and the rear light. I did put a 20cm wide aluminium sheet, so I can only imagine it is not wide enough.
I ll order a 25cm and a 40cm ones and will let you know.

In the meantime, I saw this mudguard much cheaper than the one you had in mind:
Rear Mudguard for Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F / S Katana hugger Zaddox LW6 black
It's sounds like your on to something there, hopefully a slightly bigger plate will sort it ! .
Cheers for the link I'll check it out 馃憤馃徎
Well I bit the bullet and fitted one , the duck tail as mentioned did very little.. let's see what happens when it rains!!

Attachments

See less See more
Took the bike to work this morning just after a heavy shower , pleased to say the splash guard worked a treat, may not be to everyone's taste,(looks much better with the tail tidy than the standard fender) but certainly does the job and tbh I don't mind the look :):)
I did not have time to try on my side. I ll keep you posted and thanks for the feedback 馃憤
Yes as in my picture above, works perfectly 馃憤
21 - 29 of 29 Posts