GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the Quad Lock phone mount? Unexpectedly got a new phone, need a new case. I was thinking about the QuadLock system. Anyone using it? How do you like it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been using Quad Lock in my F for this summer. The case itself is quite protective. My phone has been dropped (from my hand, not the mount) many times with out any damages. The locking mechanism feels solid and is easy to use. I have the handlebar mount and it was easy install and phone is easily seen and not in the way of the instruments. On my bike the phone is somewhat protected from rain and i didn't get the rain cover. I would not use it in super heavy rain with out the cover but light rain is no problem.

I'm super happy with my Quad Lock and will definitely get another cover after my phone is replaced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No problems with my Quadlock either.
My phones IP rated so I’m not bothered if it rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Any of you guys watch "The Lock Picking Lawyer" on YouTube ? I bet he'd have it open in a few seconds.
And no, I am not into picking locks.0:)

Doh, my bad. Please ignore my irrelevant rambling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any of you guys watch "The Lock Picking Lawyer" on YouTube ? I bet he'd have it open in a few seconds.
And no, I am not into picking locks.0:)

Quadlock refers to the 4 point system a PHONE case uses to click onto its mounting system.

As it has nothing to Open, I’ll bet the LPL couldn’t have it open in any amount of time

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Quadlock refers to the 4 point system a PHONE case uses to click onto its mounting system.

As it has nothing to Open, I’ll bet the LPL couldn’t have it open in any amount of time

My bad I just got up and am still half asleep, well that's my excuse.
I must read the thread, I must read the thread, I must read.........:(:(:(

Reactions: Tombie

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm looking at getting a phone mount for my naked S1000. The weapon of choice is the Quad Lock system. My question is where you put the phone. I understand there are 3 options:

- Handlebar mount: looks convenient, but is it possible to position a huge phablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus) in a way that it doesn't block the dashboard?
- Fork stem mount: I like the idea, because the phone is better protected from wind, but I think the handlebar itself is in the way
- Mirror mount: they are weak enough already, I reckon they'd quickly unscrew themselves under the added weigth and drag of a phone

Any input and/or photos are appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts