GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a g2 quick turn throttle tube in their bike and dose it make a big diffrence? I have a bad wrist and really need to cut as much rotation as I can so if anyone has one that can tell me about before I order it would be great.

·
Administrator
594 Posts
Anyone have a g2 quick turn throttle tube in their bike and dose it make a big diffrence? I have a bad wrist and really need to cut as much rotation as I can so if anyone has one that can tell me about before I order it would be great.
It makes a noticeable difference for me; and I really like it. In my case, it is not for wrist issue, just for bike performance. So with your wrist issue, I am unsure how you define big difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It makes a noticeable difference for me; and I really like it. In my case, it is not for wrist issue, just for bike performance. So with your wrist issue, I am unsure how you define big difference.
If it limits the amount of turn needed to get to wot I only have a limited amount of mobility in my right wrist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the one I had on my bike(2018 1000f) was a G2 it does have an F4 on the aluminum. I thought it was the original tube on my bike as I recently changed it out with the $20 Katana tube people have tried on here. I can't compare the factory tube since was removed before I got the bike but I can compare the Katana tube and the G2 (F4). Not alot a difference imo. Bumps are tricky. I'll probably but it (G2) back.Then again only had 2 short rides before winter arrived with it so no hurry changing it back.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the one I had on my bike(2018 1000f) was a G2 it does have an F4 on the aluminum. I thought it was the original tube on my bike as I recently changed it out with the $20 Katana tube people have tried on here. I can't compare the factory tube since was removed before I got the bike but I can compare the Katana tube and the G2 (F4). Not alot a difference imo. Bumps are tricky. I'll probably but it (G2) back.Then again only had 2 short rides before winter arrived with it so no hurry changing it back.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
the model with the f4 on it is the throttel tamer. I'm looking at the quick turn model thank you for the reply though.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,140 Posts
This is the amount of turn from closed to WOT on the new ride by wire throttle.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Hand tool

It would be interesting to see similar pics of the early Suzuki and the later (circa 2018) inc Katana throttles and also the G2 plus any others that are around.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does make the twist shorter. Make sure you put a washer under the screw that holds the throttle cable bracket or it will interfere with the rotation. It doesn't make a drastic difference, but it's better. The switch housing limits how big the cam on the tube can be, and it is as big as will fit in the stock housing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does make the twist shorter. Make sure you put a washer under the screw that holds the throttle cable bracket or it will interfere with the rotation. It doesn't make a drastic difference, but it's better. The switch housing limits how big the cam on the tube can be, and it is as big as will fit in the stock housing.
Thanks any diffrence will help I ordered it and will be here monday.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Love my G2. Ditto Dogman on having to add a small washer on the housing screw. I know there are other threads on the G2, I posted some pics in one of them somewhere.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts