GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that Suzuki supply a quickshifter/autoblipper for the GSX R1000, is this compatible with the S1000? Mine is 2016 vintage. Any help/news on this would be appreciated. With thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I notice that Suzuki supply a quickshifter/autoblipper for the GSX R1000, is this compatible with the S1000? Mine is 2016 vintage. Any help/news on this would be appreciated. With thanks.
You can fit an up only quickshift to the GSX-S but not an auto-blipper as the GSX-S is not ride by wire and thus the ECU cannot blip the throttle.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Just blip-shift yourself.

Put some upward pressure on the shifter, release a tad of power for a split second when you're ready to shift and she'll slide right into the next gear

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Just blip-shift yourself.

Put some upward pressure on the shifter, release a tad of power for a split second when you're ready to shift and she'll slide right into the next gear
that involves thinking..you know all the things that make riding a bike fun,,,shifting changing gears was always the most fun of riding....some skill involved.......

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
that involves thinking..you know all the things that make riding a bike fun,,,shifting changing gears was always the most fun of riding....some skill involved.......
I don't think there is a great deal of skill involved in upshifting, before the quickshifter i rarely used the clutch anyway - just roll of the power, kick it up and back on the power, just quicker and more fun with a quickshifter but changing down is different......

I'm not even sure I would want an auto-blipper/downshifter, I love manually blipping the throttle and trying to perfectly match the revs to the road speed in the next gear down

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
well atleast more skill involved that a quick shifter...use clutch all the time for up or down...that's where the fun is for me..take the clutch away with a auto dummy shifter and it wouldent be the same...we will all sound the same ,be just as fast...nothing to set us apart we will be useless bots

1 - 11 of 11 Posts