GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been posted before and for my lack of knowledge on the subject, but do I need to remove the airbox when installing a quickshifter? I have a Translogic IS4 QS that I picked up over the holidays.

Fuel tank is off. I see the following brown plugs x4. Is this the ignition coils I'm meant to install the supplied wiring harness inline to, or do I have to remove the airbox and look further?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See attached for component locations.
Got it. Thank you. Airbox was a little fiddly to remove, just required some elbow grease. Otherwise, not much to it once tank is off. Disconnect 2 ECU connectors, 3 hoses, 3 plugs, and loosen 4 hose clamps.

Might as well delete the PAIR assembly while I'm here as I heard the vacuum caps I'm currently using to block the hose may wear due to engine heat. Ordered me some block offs. I take it you're supposed to remove the reeds and screws, reinstall gasket, and then plate?

I could've sworn I saw videos of people using high temp sealant around the gasket but now I can't seem to find any. Is sealant necessary?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts