GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can I just fit the R1 shock without Paul's adaptor ? .am I understanding that it just helps to bring the bike back to stock height ?. I'd like to fit it and when Paul comes back i can purchase the adaptor . Thanks for any advice .I have a new 2018 R1 shock with 0 miles on it be a shame to waste it .

·
Registered
698 Posts
Have you tried contacting Paul via Facebook? I think he's still responding there from what I understand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is his name on Facebook i can't find him as all I know him as is Phuket Paul . Thanks for any help mate .

·
Registered
698 Posts
This was from the Facebook page...

Karan Riyakarn ----- "After 100 kms of riding. I can say, this upgrade give a lot of improvements to ride comfort and control. The OEM shock for sometime its like to throw me off my seat when I hit big bump or pot holes (with proper OEM suspension adjustment). Now those issues are gone, the R1 shock give me much more feedback, stable in high speed, and what the most suprise me is it a lot of comfort than the OEM (with the right setting, hint it offers you a lot). Lastly this upgrade is just cost me 220 buck for the adaptor, shock, and installation."

However, I think he lives in Thialand.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yep, nobody in the USA has received one yet that I know of. I have had a R1 shock bolted up for a year and a half now, it’s fabulous. I purchased an adapter to get back to stock height is all.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Can the oem shock be revalved? Its a sealed crappy thing that cant be if i remember right. At $220 though, thats right about the cost of a revalve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
No reply from PAUL SINCE APRIL 16. Facebook,messenger or Pm from Gsxs forum that I c'ant send message because is mail box is full. D'ont know what to think now, we may never see the parts that we have bought from him. I d'ont think I am going to wait much longer before opening a case with PayPall. Hope I am wrong and he will finaly send what we have paid for.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got a message from Paul on Facebook saying he's been in hospital and as soon as he sorts out back orders he'll deal with the new ones .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great to see that someone have received news from Paul and hope that he will be back soon.
Thanks Dylandfz.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I just got a message from Paul on Facebook saying he's been in hospital and as soon as he sorts out back orders he'll deal with the new ones .

Poor bugger. What’s wrong with him. Is he going to be okay?
He’s done too much for the good of this forum to receive some of the slating he had on here, even though I fully understand money involved from a virtual stranger, I hope he’s alright and back back on top soon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure what's wrong with him , I was asking about the shock adaptor and he just said he'd been in hospital and wants to sort out the back orders and then he'll sort me out . I just hope he is ok . Hopefully he'll get in touch here soon .

·
Registered
440 Posts
I felt like something must have been wrong for him not to come on the forum. He’s normally very active because it’s one of his passions so it’s odd for him not to even log in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, nobody in the USA has received one yet that I know of. I have had a R1 shock bolted up for a year and a half now, it’s fabulous. I purchased an adapter to get back to stock height is all.
Sorry to resurrect an ageing post but I thought the adapter was there to give clearance for the reservoir on the shock. Apparently in stock form the shock is too long so to allow for the adapter you have to cut the ride height adjuster down so it will then give the right ride height with the adapter?
If there's enough clearance at the top for the reservoir without the adaptor I'm tempted to simply try an MT10 shock, failing that I shall give up and go aftermarket manufacturer. :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
There's another company preparing to manufacture the adapters. Looks like maybe Paul sold his design over to them or something. I think they are in Europe. I'm waiting on news for that one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There's another company preparing to manufacture the adapters. Looks like maybe Paul sold his design over to them or something. I think they are in Europe. I'm waiting on news for that one.

You mean pro fusion? I believe that’s in Australia

1 - 20 of 43 Posts