GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX S 1000
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spend lots of time reading through threads and finally decided to get the R&G guard in stainless steel. Should be here in couple of days so I’ll fit it at weekend hopefully. Is there anything I should be aware of before undertaking this or is it simple fit?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have spend lots of time reading through threads and finally decided to get the R&G guard in stainless steel. Should be here in couple of days so I’ll fit it at weekend hopefully. Is there anything I should be aware of before undertaking this or is it simple fit?
I made one for like $10. Check it out:

Reactions: Chris73

·
Registered
437 Posts
Info? I like this due to fact it’s minimal and let’s air pass
Things you need:

1-) A Metal Mesh Aluminum sheet with about 1/2" wholes (I purchased this one on Home Depot)
2-) scissors to cut metal
3-) Measuring tape
4-) Thick marker
5-) Zip ties

Cut the a piece that fits perfectly the radiator, use the zip ties to hold the mesh screen in place.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I was going to buy Evotech but I think I may do this instead. I could even paint it black with spray paint before tossing it on
How many zip ties did you run? 2 on left and 2 on right and 2 on top? Off random locations?

metal zip ties? Because headed heat I think would melt them I’d assume

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was going to buy Evotech but I think I may do this instead. I could even paint it black with spray paint before tossing it on
How many zip ties did you run? 2 on left and 2 on right and 2 on top? Off random locations?

metal zip ties? Because headed heat I think would melt them I’d assume
4 are enough, plastic are fine as you need to make the screen in such a way that the zip ties do not touch the radiator or hot parts around. I made 2 hooks (one for each side) out of a cloth hanger wire to loop and anchor the zip ties.
Make sure you use some heave duty zip ties, thick enough to fit into the screen wholes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts