GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realised I have punched a hole in my radiator so has anyone else had to replace theirs yet and any idea how much?

·
Registered
40 Posts
How did it happen? must be lots of loose gravel around your area or were you travelling to close to others?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No rad guard and Suffolk highways has managed .to cover nearly every road in surface dressing. New radiator is £405 but i have found someone to repair it for £60.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks Gixxer, your post just pushed me over the edge to purchase a radiator guard. Did you get a HOT warning light while riding leaving you stranded or was it a case of seeing coolant on the garage floor after a ride?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Gixxer, your post just pushed me over the edge to purchase a radiator guard. Did you get a HOT warning light while riding leaving you stranded or was it a case of seeing coolant on the garage floor after a ride?

Noticed I had a wet boot after I had put the bike away last night and thought it was odd so had a sniff to make sure it wasn't oil and forgot about it. then when I went and looked at the bike later I could see the coolant puddle underneath. Luckily it hadn't lost it all so no harm done apart from not having the bike for the weekend!

I also have just ordered a rad guard! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts