GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an experience with Rapid Bike Evo or Race auto tuners?

I'm thinking of dropping some coin on a full Yoshi exhaust system and whilst it's not necessary I thought I might do something with the afr like pc5 or a RB Evo or Race.

I'm also thinking launch control and quick shifter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys, has no one had any experience of Rapid Bike. I find that strange, the claims the device makes should eliminate snatch and low res Fueling / jerking issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know a couple of people have bought them on the VFR forum (VFRD). One guy liked it so well I think he became a dealer of the the RapidBike products. From what I have read, there seems to be a lot of adjustability power gains from it, especially if you are going to do engine mods later (larger pistons, turbo, etc).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow praise indeed. I've been advised to make no changes / adjustments as it will invalidate my warranty.

Not really sure what to do now as the dealer is still stumped by the roughness of the ride and on/off throttle Fueling issues causing jerking in the bars.

I simply can't hold the bike at constant revs regardless of gear or speed, the efi is just bad. I'm actually getting close to rejecting the bike and getting my money back.

Sad, I known but there it is.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Guys, has no one had any experience of Rapid Bike. I find that strange, the claims the device makes should eliminate snatch and low res Fueling / jerking issues.
I have the tried out the Rapidbike EVO on my GSXS.

It does not cure anything regarding "snatchy" fueling, rather the opposite I would say.
That said, I have never been dissatisfied with how my bike behaves.

The only "cure" is a proper remap, either by using piggy-back devices like PCV or reflash (LogBox/Flashtune).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the tried out the Rapidbike EVO on my GSXS.

It does not cure anything regarding "snatchy" fueling, rather the opposite I would say.
That said, I have never been dissatisfied with how my bike behaves.

The only "cure" is a proper remap, either by using piggy-back devices like PCV or reflash (LogBox/Flashtune).
Thats true. I just reflashed my ecu some days ago and the bike run smooth. Also the limitations and restrictions in the top speed are gone, at dino, it got 1.1 kg torque and 8 cv... Im using full exhaust.
Just posted an top speed video at video section, check it out! Im starting doing some videos with my GSX!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I know this thread is old but thought some might be interested.... Rapidbike USA distributor is in my home town so I swung by...

The benefits are
1. control of all 8 injectors
2. a single module can be reprogramed for different bikes. (unlike power commander) and thus cheaper in the long run. $580 for evo and 680 for race. Race adds ignition control, pit lane speed.
3. Built in auto-tuning using the bikes narrow band OEM 02 sensors
4 built in quickshift control (unlike power commander) but you still need to buy rod and sensor
5. nicer actual unit and one single box
6. their tech supposedly interacts with the stock 02 sensor and sends it reprogramed 02 readings instead of just eliminating it like power commander......Seems like a cool, innovative and more complex approach.....I have no idea if the end result is better though.

What I found after investigating
1. Control of all 8 injectors not available for our bike....I held the harness....It only does 4
2. Even though each rapidbike can be reprogramed for different bikes, Their WIDEBAND auto tuning module marries itself to your rapidbike, (the opposite of PCV) meaning it can only be used with a single Rapidbike only and ever.....
3. The built in auto-tune kinda sucks....it does not let you set a different AFR for different RPM ranges. If you want a 13.1 afr at low RPM but 13.2 at 80% throttle you need to purchase their separate auto-tune module to get the wide band sensor.... another $325....Putting you at close to $$900
4. The local distributor was kinda arrogant...talked down to me a lot and when I asked about target afr he told me I was being to sensitve...(Blow me you glorified mechanic!)
5. No one around here dyno tunes it though it is capable.

I decided to keep my power commander and buy a at-200 auto tune for it
When comparing apples to apples the actual end cost to get fuel mapping and control of 4 injectors with wideband 02 sensor on the fly fuel adjustments was Power commander = about $500 and
rapidbike = $900 and good luck finding someone to dynotune your rapid bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this thread is old but thought some might be interested.... Rapidbike USA distributor is in my home town so I swung by...

The benefits are
1. control of all 8 injectors
2. a single module can be reprogramed for different bikes. (unlike power commander) and thus cheaper in the long run. $580 for evo and 680 for race. Race adds ignition control, pit lane speed.
3. Built in auto-tuning using the bikes narrow band OEM 02 sensors
4 built in quickshift control (unlike power commander) but you still need to buy rod and sensor
5. nicer actual unit and one single box
6. their tech supposedly interacts with the stock 02 sensor and sends it reprogramed 02 readings instead of just eliminating it like power commander......Seems like a cool, innovative and more complex approach.....I have no idea if the end result is better though.

What I found after investigating
1. Control of all 8 injectors not available for our bike....I held the harness....It only does 4
2. Even though each rapidbike can be reprogramed for different bikes, Their WIDEBAND auto tuning module marries itself to your rapidbike, (the opposite of PCV) meaning it can only be used with a single Rapidbike only and ever.....
3. The built in auto-tune kinda sucks....it does not let you set a different AFR for different RPM ranges. If you want a 13.1 afr at low RPM but 13.2 at 80% throttle you need to purchase their separate auto-tune module to get the wide band sensor.... another $325....Putting you at close to $$900
4. The local distributor was kinda arrogant...talked down to me a lot and when I asked about target afr he told me I was being to sensitve...(Blow me you glorified mechanic!)
5. No one around here dyno tunes it though it is capable.

I decided to keep my power commander and buy a at-200 auto tune for it
When comparing apples to apples the actual end cost to get fuel mapping and control of 4 injectors with wideband 02 sensor on the fly fuel adjustments was Power commander = about $500 and
rapidbike = $900 and good luck finding someone to dynotune your rapid bike.
I was just looking at rapid bike. I’m putting a full CS racing exhaust on it through the Suzuki dealership. They said they will send the ECU to Bosche to have it remapped. He was also saying they use bazazz instead of a PCV. Any thoughts? Thanks for the post btw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just looking at rapid bike. I’m putting a full CS racing exhaust on it through the Suzuki dealership. They said they will send the ECU to Bosche to have it remapped. He was also saying they use bazazz instead of a PCV. Any thoughts? Thanks for the post btw.
Spend the 2k. Stop being cheap😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts