GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone considering a fueling module this module works by manipulating a multitude of sensors to keep the AFR between 12.4 & 13.2 (i think) & consequently the fuelling becomes smooth throughout the entire rev range.

i was close to getting the bike dyno'd however any subsequent changes would require another dyno which is too much cash.

so I opted for this from Europe on a 20% sale (no brainer)

it doesn't adjust anything in the ECU so it can be unplugged on the roadside if you had to do so.

at 1st i almost stalled the bike (i was running the boosterplug) forgetting how snatchy it is & after 10miles it began to feel smoother - 10 miles later the Fi light came on as did the engine light.

this concerned me as the Fi symbol can come on with a multitude of changes but the engine light can be an issue - however I knew that the RapidBike evo modifies on the fly.

i started the bike again carried out on for another 20miles & the light stayed on.

The limited number of reviewers clearly state that it takes about 100miles to fully implement changes well it took 80.5 exactly for me & the bike is so dammnn smooth.

the map inside the ECU i believe was modified - indirectly - by the booster plug as the gsxs ECU is adaptive , therfore the lower rpm mapping was smoother on the graph than the stock map sent via rapidbike (dimsport).

I downloaded this map to the rapidbike module & set the rapidbike to adjust the AFR by +/- 3% (default is 5 but due to not wanting any issues - some folk have complained of excessive fueling & terd running).

I'm yet to look into adjusting the engine braking ratio (it feels softer , still useful but not so instantaneous).

it's also possible to remove the limiters, increase the red line by 1k & control individual injection mapping by 300 revs throughout the rev range (if you needed too 🤷🏾‍♂️)

so far I'm very impressed , I had a PC5 in another bike which was useful but definitely not as extensive & for those (incl. myself) who don't need to modify too much its alot more intuitive based upon what appears to be a simple formula.

the bike will run optimally a with a specific AFR bandwidth , by manipulating all the sensors that affect this (& doing so on the fly) is a very neat tool indeed

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
overall the low down torque feels stronger & pulls through the entirety of the rev range rather than having certain spots that kick in

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad it worked for you. Not something I’d personally try with my limited electronic skills.

You made a point though about the ecu being adaptive and modified by the booster plug. I put a booster plug on my 2018 and it worked well for 3000 kilometres, then last summer the bike started running rough. It wasn’t misfiring, but at a steady cruise you could feel surging. I disconnected the booster plug and the bike has run smoothly since, even better than the it was running when I originally installed the booster plug.

Seems to me the ecu adjusted to the booster plug. But as I say, I’m not an electronics guy so that’s just my opinion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts