GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally making it officially forsale, stainless steel header with 300mm oval carbon cannister muffler. i got this exhaust as part of an insurance deal after my extractor exhaust got badly damaged in the crash.
i noted the descrepencies in its power delivery and concluded that i could remedy its shortcomings, as a former m/c tech who has built quite a few race exhausts, i analised a couple of areas that required altering, ive removed the internal restrictions in the headers, then lengthened the secondary pipes, remade the tailpipe to remove the reducer that connected the muffler pipe, i then shortened the internal pipe of the decibel killer plus decreased its back pressure, then remade the mts for the tailpipe and muffler.
now has smooth power in the lower rev-range, a really fat torque curve thru the mid-range and a much improved topend over the stock exhaust system, now i have pickle paste cleaned it ready forsale and delivery.
the ex system cost $1100nz plus our gst and import taxes, but as it is second hand, i am willing to sell it for $600nz, which is approx $400us, im prepared to post worldwide at the puchasers expense, comes with new ex gaskets , pipe joint cement and original packaging and instruction book.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi, the black widow exhaust has now sold locally, however, i may sell my roadie version extractor exhaust, as im now building a new full race version to suit my engine upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts