GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys , I don't know if this topic has already been discussed .... I hope not... :)
Last weekend, I spoke with a mechanic Suzuki who confirmed to me ( as I thought ) that the engine develops more of 146HP declared .
He explained me that this was caused by the rush of approval desired by Suzuki Europe .
Our Suzuki GSX - S1000 had to come out in 2016 but the European branch has expressly wanted to have that bike first , because Suzuki was delayed by years than its competitors . In addition, the interest was to have them in time for the summer season . This caused an approval made ​​in haste and failing . It seems that the try of this bike without any km gave the counter 153HP and after some bench tests were scoring 158 / 160HP >:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have got a place with a dyno near work and was toying with the idea of paying for a run to see what it's producing while it's completely standard, might get it done next week. I have heard they are producing around 142bhp at the wheel so not far off the advertised figure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard they are producing around 142bhp at the wheel so not far off the advertised figure.
Exactly ... In fact, this ensures what I was told .
No motorcycle loses only 3HP on test bench.
For example:

Kawasaki Z1000 ABS 2014: HP declared 140 - HP at wheel 128,9
Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory: HP declared 175 - HP at wheel 159,49
Suzuki GSX-S 1000: HP declared 146 - HP at wheel 142,84

This fact sounds strange... I'm sure that the mechanic told me the words that has heard by Suzuki Italy ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I wonder why a company would choose to under rate a bike?

If it were a rule they were trying to sneak around, it would be big trouble when the truth was found out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems that as a rule for years German cars in general tend to have tolerances hp excess . The car manufacturers Audi and VW have power increases up to 10% .
Nevertheless I do not think they ever had problems ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Ford Fiesta ST is on paper with 182 hp but the real power is 200 hp. I believe its a way do keep down the insurance costs.
New M and AMG been on various dynotests and they have more power than the factory claim.

I think its pretty common among car makers to do so. If car companies can do it, so can bike companies :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wonder why a company would choose to under rate a bike?

If it were a rule they were trying to sneak around, it would be big trouble when the truth was found out.
Don't know how old you are but I can relate to that story, my dad being a business owner and a gear head, had lots of muscle cars when he was younger. 69 GTO Judge, 68 Olds 442, 67 Nova SS and a 68 Shelby Mustang KR500, to name a few. He told several times that manufacturers would lie about about how much hp they were making for ins. purposes, for example the Shelby was stated to put around 425hp, but in fact it was alot more than that or any other muscle car or the late 60's and early 70's produced more hp than was stated. So I guess that's what Suzuki could be doing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've seen dyno run videos on the Gixxus 1000 and the rear wheel numbers are in the 145+ range, so it could be that the Gixxus 1000 is putting out around 155-160hp at the crank. One website I check that seems to have honest rear wheel numbers is Akrapovic's website they show before and after rear wheel gains with their exhaust. They show the stock Gixxus 1000 with just over 145hp at the wheel before the slip-on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've seen dyno run videos on the Gixxus 1000 and the rear wheel numbers are in the 145+ range, so it could be that the Gixxus 1000 is putting out around 155-160hp at the crank. One website I check that seems to have honest rear wheel numbers is Akrapovic's website they show before and after rear wheel gains with their exhaust. They show the stock Gixxus 1000 with just over 145hp at the wheel before the slip-on.
With all due respect I had mine dyno'd today at a Dynojet approved tuner and the figure I was given was a shade under 140 which I can believe. Unless mine is under performing (unlikely) this is probably the real figure. On the plus side he is confident he could get it nearly 150 with a PCV and a remap.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I can believe that, I can easily see those gains with the re-map, PC5 and maybe even a slip-on, just stating what I've read. But really 140-145 rear wheel hp stock that's a good thing, **** even at 140 that's impressive for a bike outta the box with no performance mods. Not many naked litre bikes make that at the wheel unless it's a super naked.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The number is not that important..,...the straight powercurve, no hickups in some rpm ranges that's important.

Mi bike has registration papers with 106 hp....Only reason is to keep the registration fee to 60€ iso 1250€ if I had a 146hp on paper.

Besides that, put your bike on differtent dyno and you will get different numbers. Even if you put your bike on an the same dyno on another day and you can have different numbers,depending on temperature, humidity...too much variabeles in order to measure (in fact calculate) the hp.

The only thing I know is that this machine is extreme good on the throtthle in each of the gears. I have ridden a lot of powerbikes and this one is very comparibale. A good machine is a good balance of the motor, suspension, agility and braking , no matter the hp

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only thing I know is that this machine is extreme good on the throtthle in each of the gears. I have ridden a lot of powerbikes and this one is very comparibale. A good machine is a good balance of the motor, suspension, agility and braking , no matter the hp

Sounds good :D:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's also important to note that bikes shipped to different parts of the world are likely to have different tunes to meet local emission standards.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
whats wrong with old
Nothing wrong with old, it applies to lots of us on here....

I was just shocked that in the short time between checking the forum there was a new thread with over 10 posts and i was shocked how quick it had appeared, then I realised that all the posts were from 2015

1 - 20 of 35 Posts