GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bit about the Suzuki accessory that is the carbon fibre look self adhesive overlay and note that they don't last too long and usually fall apart in short order.
My bike arrives this week, it's got 66 miles on and I don't know how the left hand guard got so messed up in so few miles - somebody's boots had spurs on I think!. I'm fairly sure the scuffing is confined to the plastic part and the paint is OK - unfortunately I didn't take a photo of it at the dealer.

My question is, has anyone found a better option for protecting these parts? I had been looking for self adhesive kevlar sheet but not having any luck finding anyone with it in stock. Perhaps lockdown has caused problems with manufacturing.

R&G do a decent sticker set for the 750 but nothing like it for the 1000. The 1000 option doesn't get applied in the same places, it covers everything but this area.

1000 option:

It may be that I need to take the left one off and get it painted again, as I mentioned, I'm not sure if the paint is OK or not. I'm not too miffed about it, I got the bike with a big discount and I'm sure it's possible to do a decent job of fixing this problem without spending a fortune.

Cheers (y)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I just cut bits from adhesive carbon fibre pattern vinyl sheet and replace them when they wear out.

Reactions: Flashp

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Looks good, does it last long? I initially thought of Kevlar because of it's abrasion resistance but there seems to be a problem getting it at the moment.
It can last anything between one or two years. It will depend on how you ride - how much your boots rub.
I keep a piece of card as a pattern to cut round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts