GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
I just installed a K Tech Razor on my 2016 F. Very easy to do if you have a way of lifting the back of bike up. Sling around rear passenger foot peg area and use a chainfall or hoist. Haven't been able to ride yet as the snow banks are 2 feet tall still, so I can't comment on ride.

Registered
I have a K Tech shock to put on mine, it's a 2020 bike, how does the old shock come out, I had a bit of a look today but I couldn't see how the shock would come out and the new one go back in without dropping the exhaust off which I don't really want to do, any help would be gratefully received.

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
I have a K Tech shock to put on mine, it's a 2020 bike, how does the old shock come out, I had a bit of a look today but I couldn't see how the shock would come out and the new one go back in without dropping the exhaust off which I don't really want to do, any help would be gratefully received.
I use an Abba stand, makes work on the back end much easier.
I use a jack under the exhaust pipe at the front to raise/lower the swing arm.

Reactions: Geoff C

Registered
I have an Abba stand, but I couldn't see how the shock would go past the exhaust box, I'll give it a go with the wheel off, it may give a bit more room. My wife has a Honda CB1000r which is endowed with a mono shock, whoever thought rising rate rate linkages over the hottest part of the bike was a f***ing idiot.

Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
I have an Abba stand, but I couldn't see how the shock would go past the exhaust box, I'll give it a go with the wheel off, it may give a bit more room. My wife has a Honda CB1000r which is endowed with a mono shock, whoever thought rising rate rate linkages over the hottest part of the bike was a f***ing idiot.
search the forum for Suspension install , I compiled a fairly comprehensive write-up

Registered
Its a half hour job, hardest part is the top allen bolt, don't pull it all the way out- leave it resting in the frame because it will be a nightmare to relocate if pulled out completely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts