GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice people , just purchased the above bike and want to upgrade the rear shock , I want it just plug and play no messing about grinding or modifying . cheers for any info .ohh one more thing does the gsxr 1000 rear shock it . Thanks .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Search the forum, there's a lot of recent discussion on the rear shock.

Phuket Paul has also developed an adapter to fit an R1 rear shock to the bike which gives another option as well as the Nitron, RTech, Ohlins options, all are posted about here and are easy to find details and discussion on.

The GSXR shock is a no go

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Need some advice people , just purchased the above bike and want to upgrade the rear shock , I want it just plug and play no messing about grinding or modifying . cheers for any info .ohh one more thing does the gsxr 1000 rear shock it . Thanks .
Have a look at Phuket Paul's GSX-S Info web site for detail on the conversion to the R1 shock.. https://gsx-s.info/gsx-s1000-yamaha-r1-shock-upgrade/

Rob.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Paul
Tried to inbox you to purchase but in box full.. I have an R1 shock , just need your adapter.. if you could ping me details to purchase that would be great.
Apologies for requesting via thread, I will off course post feedback.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for all your help lads . How do I order the adaptor ,do I just pm Paul ? cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not looking good on the adaptor can't get through to Paul . I don't suppose anyone has any ideas ?. Cheers .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not looking good on the adaptor can't get through to Paul . I don't suppose anyone has any ideas ?. Cheers .
Paul hasn’t been on here since the 11th, hopefully nothing major going on. I ordered one on the 9th, I would just wait and see what happens before trying to contact him anymore. I work in a machine shop environment, so if I was going to the trouble of making a program and cutting one out, it’s no big deal to turn them out after that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The last message I received was April 16 telling me that the adaptor I bought Mars 31 was supposed to be ship on April 16. I send another message April 22 asking if it was shipped but no answer. Still waiting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if you get yours you could make one I'm assuming ? . Shame someone else on here couldn't give us the dimensions . Cheers . ( packmule )👍

·
Registered
506 Posts
So if you get yours you could make one I'm assuming ? . Shame someone else on here couldn't give us the dimensions . Cheers . ( packmule )👍
Pretty sure packmule was referring to the work Paul had done in R&D and then fabrication/testing etc.
Now that he has it all done it will be easier for him to manufacture them.
It would be pretty distasteful to steal Pauls idea, not to mention it would cost more than just buying one from him.
Buy one from Paul, it's the least he deserves for his efforts.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
He said on YouTube that they are still available that was on the 19th so he is still about. Hopefully he be back here soon .
He may be more concerned with getting the GSXS.info site up and running correctly. It's not displaying very well, and the links don't work. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Rob.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry yes your right in saying that , it's not really what I ment to say , anyway let's hope he gets back to us .

·
Registered
423 Posts
My main point was he spent all his time and effort doing the hard stuff. Once that’s done it’s just a matter of the machine spitting out parts. If you’re going to make one, makes sense to make more, financially.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts