GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced less rebound when riding in hot weather? I was out this weekend in a hot day and I noticed my back end was bouncing more than usual. I increased the rebound and it was much improved. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don’t feel this, I was riding today in 100 + weather today, everything felt consistent, except for the front breaks those stock pads gotta go, I’m at around 4900 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have noticed this before, but not on the GSX-S (it was on a DL-1000). The fluid gets hot and thins out and the dampening changes and the bike can get 'sloppy' handling. Just one more GOOD excuse to replace that OEM boat anchor they call a 'shock' and get something better, like a Wilbers or K-Tech unit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This past weekend I went to a trackday in Zolder with my stock gsxs... and the rear shock was as soft as my mountainbike right after the second 20min session... PURE TRASH.

Final session I was riding a sail boat...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
You’ve got to get a shock and have it de-restricted. It will transform the bike and what you think of it. One of its main features is a good strong engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
This past weekend I went to a trackday in Zolder with my stock gsxs... and the rear shock was as soft as my mountainbike right after the second 20min session... PURE TRASH.

Final session I was riding a sail boat...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Rear shock is bikes worst feature , once changed the gixxus is truely an awesome track bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts