GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can anybody out there help.
ive bought a gsxs with modified rear suspension as the previous owner told me he fitted a jack up kit, along with a higher 55 profile rear tyre (sprocket to suit) & thicker seat to allow his 6ft body to fit the bike.
but im confused as im sure hes fitted a set of lowering plates & not jack up.
ive been onto the company in germany (bikefarm.mv) where he got the plates from & sent photos but they say the plates aren't theirs.
ive even plotted out the approx. geometry on my cad system at home to try to ascertain what I actually have.
ive quickly fitted both std plates & the unknowns & im still convinced he lowered it, not raised it but hes adamant he raised it.
so, from the photo showing dimensions between hole centres, can anyone identify the plates as jack up or lowering plates please.
any help appreciated & stop me going nuts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It looks to me as though they are lowering links

The easiest way to check it:

Lay the triangles on top of each other and put a bolt through both of the shock connector holes

The dogbone connector must be the same distance from the chassis on both - easy to check and simulate

If the third (swingarm) hole is lower then its NOT a lowering link!

This thread may help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, I cant put both bolts thro at the same time cos different centres in plates (shock can swing at bottom fwds or back slightly).
& surely swing arm would be higher for lowering?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
hi, I cant put both bolts thro at the same time cos different centres in plates (shock can swing at bottom fwds or back slightly).
& surely swing arm would be higher for lowering?
I meant 1 bolt through the shock attach hole only (it doesn't move much), then align the bottom hole visually ( must still be the same distance from the chassis attachment) and you can see approsimately where the swingarm hole is!

And yes I did miss out a rather important word "NOT" lowering links, edited now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts