GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A friend just sent me this link for a front brake related recall: Suzuki Australia?Suzuki GSX-S1000 & GSX-R1000

I haven't called my dealer yet, but will be doing so later today to find out more.

Not sure if it's just Australian bikes, or if it affects everyone's, but may be worth calling your dealer to find out.

- Marty

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi All,

A friend just sent me this link for a front brake related recall: Suzuki Australia?Suzuki GSX-S1000 & GSX-R1000

I haven't called my dealer yet, but will be doing so later today to find out more.

Not sure if it's just Australian bikes, or if it affects everyone's, but may be worth calling your dealer to find out.

- Marty
Called into my dealer and asked them about this, they knew nothing and said they would probably hear within the week. They also told me to expect a letter from Suzuki concerning the recall

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's a bugger. Oh well, buy the first of a model run and enjoy the **** ups being sorted on the fly. I'm not suprised.
Same brakes as the GSXR which has been around a bit so not really a first run.

I had a new recall on a eight year old Mitsi Evo car once, where they decided the fuel tank could catch fire. Been driving it for five years at that point :laugh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
In italy nothing for this moment.
Tomorrow I call my dealer.
Is very strange a caliper made by Brembo can have a problem like this...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Same brakes as the GSXR which has been around a bit so not really a first run.

I had a new recall on a eight year old Mitsi Evo car once, where they decided the fuel tank could catch fire. Been driving it for five years at that point :laugh:
I'm on my third reg/rec in the VFR, they never did a recall, *******! :crying:

I hear you, but it's always something. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have done over 2000 hard k's at the track and the brakes are fine .SO FAR . What is the is the recall issue ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Have done over 2000 hard k's at the track and the brakes are fine .SO FAR . What is the is the recall issue ?
Seems the pistons were coated (laquered?) and the seals weren't correctly sized taking into account the tolerance differential.

When i worked at Massey Ferguson this happened a fair bit with the tooling on the legendary hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On another note my front brake squeaks a lot at low speed.......let the paranoia begin haha
Mine also make quite a bit of noise when braking lightly, which quite strange. Didn't notice it until about 1000km, so just after my first service.

I've also noticed uneven wear on my brake rotors, so I pulled them out and had a look, and there's a groove worn in the middle of them.... see attached photo.
My money is on a manufacturing error with the rotors, but I'll wait and see what happens when the dealer pulls it apart for a look when they sort out the recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
So how do you find out if your VIN is impacted without having to go to the dealer?
Could Suzuki make it any harder ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I gave mine a call and my VIN is not coming up as affected, however, the dealer could not find the recall on the Suzuki dealer site yet. It's all over the ACCC site so this is a bit surprising. I'm talking to them again tomorrow. FWIW, my brakes are fine and no squeal or sign or leakage.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I spoke with the Dealers again today, not all VINs are affected. My build date was before the batch of calipers that have the issue came out. It was mentioned that 4-series VINs, in Australia at least, may have been affected. If you don't get a letter you should be fine but call your dealer to check.

·
Registered
44 Posts
lol.... so, there's not that many bikes out there at the moment and it appears all of them here are not affected...
Purpose of the Australian recall was??????

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called my dealer and apparently my bike is fine. Starting to look like it was a 'just in case' post on recalls.gov.au

1 - 20 of 25 Posts