GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get the recall for the Brembo brakes? Can't believe I've been riding around triple digits only to find out my brakes could have failed right before a high speed turn.

I've got a thousand miles on my bike though and not a drop of fluid coming out anywhere. I'm bringing it in this Friday to have new calipers installed.

Think I'm okay to ride until then?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Apparently it has not yet affected uk spec bikes, phoned my dealer as I had seen so many posts about it but no notifications in the uk.............YET

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I hate taking my bike back to the shop for anything. They ALWAYS F_UCK it up! Always. Every time, no matter what the reason, they always do something bad. Even my friends, the last guy who brought his Harley back got a wrench dropped on his gas tank. They had to repaint that tank, but it didn't match the rest of the bike so he spent months arguing with them until they repainted the whole bike. But, it's too late because that in itself depreciated the value of the bike. They didn't bleed the brakes right, no matter how many times I told them, and so I eventually took it to a pro to have it done correctly by my own expense. I had nut caps that they lost too. Erg! Next recall I'll fix it myself.

Reactions: Ireek and Gixxus

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hate taking my bike back to the shop for anything. They ALWAYS F_UCK it up! Always. Every time, no matter what the reason, they always do something bad. Even my friends, the last guy who brought his Harley back got a wrench dropped on his gas tank. They had to repaint that tank, but it didn't match the rest of the bike so he spent months arguing with them until they repainted the whole bike. But, it's too late because that in itself depreciated the value of the bike. They didn't bleed the brakes right, no matter how many times I told them, and so I eventually took it to a pro to have it done correctly by my own expense. I had nut caps that they lost too. Erg! Next recall I'll fix it myself.
All too true and that is why I do my own work. In this case you want Suzuki to pay for the calipers, that is not going to be cheap. Without saying it directly, I'm going to see if I can work something out with my dealer.

P.S. I got my letter and it doesn't say not to ride the bike so I'm guessing the leak is a minor issue until your fluid is depleted. Then it will be a MAJOR issue. I'm total dry right now, dryer than the bike on the sales floor that just had new calipers put on!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I got my letter too and noticed it didn't say not to ride. Have my appointment in the morning to get the new calipers and then it's time to spend the weekend making up for lost riding time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No recall on mine

Bought mine on October 29. The dealer called two weeks later and told me about the recall but before the call ended, he realized that my VIN was not included in the recall.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My bike is an EU imported model and there's no info on suzuki US nor UK on VIN recall. Is there any other website that I can run this check? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts