GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Realized why a few minutes later...I forgot to put the shroud with the pickup around the ignition barrel for the key.
Refitted it, bike starts and runs fine but now has Fl flashing in display, fault code is C42 - ignition switch.
Do these codes roll off as it were with ignition on/off cycles or cold starts?

Any advice? (apart from pay more attention!) :oops:

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Disconnect battery 10 mins if everything’s installed correctly, should clear whatever unless it’s an current issue being found

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All sorted. It seems that a number of ignition cycles (3?) with the key removed in between has the code 'roll off' and the bike runs without the EML or Fl showing. Looking forward to riding it tomorrow :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How’s she feel?
The difference is profound. I can ride it in gears at low speed which I had to avoid previously avoid by riding round the problem - 5th/6th @ 30 mph etc. I had an 80'ish mile ride on it yesterday and took great delight in being in traffic at low speed, it's radically different. Pulls well all the way up in any gear but the biggest win is low down, it's an absolute pleasure in any traffic conditions. Couldn't be happier and so pleased I went for it. Junction 33 did a brilliant job, he's clearly invested a lot of effort and time in sorting out a decent generic map. The best £250 I ever spent on any bike. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
And yet... there’s still people on this forum throw out a booster plug and power commander over A solid ecu flash.

blows my mind. Glad you enjoy it. Less work too, I mean really. Lift tank, mail off, reinsert and assemble. Done

I’d say our equivalent to your guy is dano in America.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fantastic.. now you can really enjoy and unleash the beast within.......👌👌👍👍😈😈😈😈

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fantastic.. now you can really enjoy and unleash the beast within.......👌👌👍👍😈😈😈😈
I'm still getting over it's soft and fluffy side instead of it being like an angry dog with twisted testicles!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great to hear it got sorted.
Am getting ready to send mine off soon.
Danos or TwoWheeledDynoWorks
Both have great reviews. Danos $180 2wdw is $250

·
Registered
172 Posts
I used Dano. I sent it out on a Monday and he had it back on Friday of the same week. Took out all the twitches and I had him take out about 50% of the engine brake. He also has the fan kicking in at 195 F instead of the 215. Silky smooth now and well worth the bucks! Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts