GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished reflasing my ECU using the FT ECU (Flash Tune) Harness and software

WOW - what a difference

No more snatchy throttle - very responsive and even throttle now - incredible difference

No more hunting in low gears between 2,000 and 4,000 RPM

We remapped the fuelling for all gears
Removed the retarded ignition for the first 3 gears
Removed the 02 sensor, no more closed loop
Turned off the PAIR valve
Removed the top speed limiter (In 6th closes the secondary throttle over 10,000 RPM).

Haven't been on the dyno yet to refine the fuelling but pulls harder and smoother, no hesitation.

Added a quick shift at the same time.

Would definitely recommend reflashing :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just finished reflasing my ECU using the FT ECU (Flash Tune) Harness and software

WOW - what a difference

No more snatchy throttle - very responsive and even throttle now - incredible difference

No more hunting in low gears between 2,000 and 4,000 RPM

We remapped the fuelling for all gears
Removed the retarded ignition for the first 3 gears
Removed the 02 sensor, no more closed loop
Turned off the PAIR valve
Removed the top speed limiter (In 6th closes the secondary throttle over 10,000 RPM).

Haven't been on the dyno yet to refine the fuelling but pulls harder and smoother, no hesitation.

Added a quick shift at the same time.

Would definitely recommend reflashing :D
That sums up my problem exactly , have not been able to express it properly before, hunting in low gears between 2 and 4 thousand rpm , not dangerous as such , but a real nuisance in traffic, am waiting on a new ECU from dealer to see if that fixes the problem , if not , well its reflash time

·
Registered
974 Posts
That sums up my problem exactly , have not been able to express it properly before, hunting in low gears between 2 and 4 thousand rpm , not dangerous as such , but a real nuisance in traffic, am waiting on a new ECU from dealer to see if that fixes the problem , if not , well its reflash time
If you go that route 4tune8 then these guys may not be too far from you and someone posted a while back with very positive results from their re flash with them and mentioned the open closed loop being turned off

Suzuki GSX-S1000 Performance ECU Remapping & Custom Dyno Tuning | ECUwest

Reactions: 4tune8

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I just spoke to a very helpful gentleman at DynoBike which is the flash tune dealer in Victoria Australia in Moorabbin and he has quoted the following Aus prices
$475 for a mail in tune
$610 for a full dyno and flash tune
$675 to purchase the hardware and sofware.
He has been waiting for a GSXS to come in and will have one in 2 weeks to fine tune the map for a mail in flash so its not quite ready yet but early next month he will be good to go.
He also does power commander but said that flash tune is far better as the timing and other features are turned on and off to the bike and not just alter the fuel.
I think i shall go either mail in tune but will probably get the full dyno just to get it perfect but i'll wait a few months as the weather has the bike tucked in the shed nice and warm at the moment so their is no need to rush in and i'll see what comes out of the ECU upgrades, not that i need to do anything to the bike anyway as it runs sweet as and i have enjoyed the 6000k have put on it so far but just to get it to perfection as i plan on keeping it for a while.
I was originally thinking of purchasing the software/hardware to tune it myself but honestly i am best to get it done properly first time i think and then spend the time enjoying it and not worrying about settings.
The only downfall will be if i decide to upgrade the exhaust at a later date but a power commander will have me in the same position anyway.

I hope this helps out someone and let us know if you go either route

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wondering if you have the stock exhaust or any other mods too. I am thinking about taking it to a shop in Denver for an ECU flash. I prefer to keep it quiet for city riding.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm wondering if you have the stock exhaust or any other mods too. I am thinking about taking it to a shop in Denver for an ECU flash. I prefer to keep it quiet for city riding.
I wanted to keep the stock looks, so I replaced the Exhaust Valve, Cat and Big muffler with a straight pipe keeping the standard rear Can - sounds great

Also a freer flowing airfilter

Paul

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does the package from FT include the maps or you have to dyno and tune it?
I wanted to keep the stock looks, so I replaced the Exhaust Valve, Cat and Big muffler with a straight pipe keeping the standard rear Can - sounds great

Also a freer flowing airfilter

Paul

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At the moment it includes 1 unrestricted MAP for a slip on - this Map includes optimised fuelling, ignition and removal of restrictions as well as the ability to disable PAIR, O2 sensor, SET Valve and can have quickshift , Launch control and pitlane speed limiter

I assume there will be more maps soon and there will be an Autotune option soon.

In the meantime as there are no decent Dynos around here I will be adding an AFR logger as soon as it arrives

·
Registered
176 Posts
Paul, does it mean the FT is plug and play? The mods is loaded without the needs of customization. How much did u pay for the service?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paul, does it mean the FT is plug and play? The mods is loaded without the needs of customization. How much did u pay for the service?
Pretty much plug and play - you have to insert 3 wires into the ECU connector if you use the bike kit (Or you can remove the ecu and use the bench kit)

I paid 700 US$ for the bike kit, quickshift and delivery to Thailand - 380US$ for just the flashkit

Yes, you can flash it without any customization, or simply choose on off for the options such as PAIR, O2 etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you go that route 4tune8 then these guys may not be too far from you and someone posted a while back with very positive results from their re flash with them and mentioned the open closed loop being turned off

Suzuki GSX-S1000 Performance ECU Remapping & Custom Dyno Tuning | ECUwest
thanks for that. Some of the guys that come to the track use them for all sorts of bike work and they have a pretty good reputation. Only about 30 or 40 k's from me .
Anyone on here had their bike tuned by these guys? I am not sure what route to go, PCv or go get it tuned at ecuwest? Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr Phuket, are you really into this computer reflashing, or could someone with limited computer knowledge accomplish the same?
Very easy to do, you can use the Maps supplied and just choose what options you want.

The Bench kit is easier if you don't want to mess with the wiring on your bike.

Paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts