GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just blocked in my pair valve mainly to get rid of the pops and bangs in the after run and immediately noticed an increase in engine braking. I have fuel cut disabled in the Ecu.

But I fail to understand how blocking pair affects engine braking, since it’s totally on the exhaust side of things.

Since engine braking has increased I am feels a slight jerk in throttle, kind of like a little of snatchiness.

Also does anyone also know about how pair valve blocking affects exhaust scavenging, since there is less air now present in the exhaust due to pair being blocked, I believe there is low air pressure in the headers which I think will suck the exhaust gases out more efficiently, don’t know but I may be wrong.

That being said, I feel loss of power and torque in the lower revs

Confused

·
Registered
639 Posts
So I just blocked in my pair valve mainly to get rid of the pops and bangs in the after run and immediately noticed an increase in engine braking. I have fuel cut disabled in the Ecu.

But I fail to understand how blocking pair affects engine braking, since it’s totally on the exhaust side of things.

Since engine braking has increased I am feels a slight jerk in throttle, kind of like a little of snatchiness.

Also does anyone also know about how pair valve blocking affects exhaust scavenging, since there is less air now present in the exhaust due to pair being blocked, I believe there is low air pressure in the headers which I think will suck the exhaust gases out more efficiently, don’t know but I may be wrong.

That being said, I feel loss of power and torque in the lower revs

Confused
Did you only block the PAIR valve and touch nothing else? I agree, blocking it shouldn't have any noticeable negative effects.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It’s only going to stop the popping on decel so none of this makes sense?
Have you still got the o2 sensor hooked up and running if so turn it off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you only block the PAIR valve and touch nothing else? I agree, blocking it shouldn't have any noticeable negative effects.
Yes just a rubber cap inside the airbox to block airflow. Nothing else was touched my ecu is flashed I have the o2 sensor out, exhaust valves taken out, using after market headers and secondaries from Paul but with the stock can in the end.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s only going to stop the popping on decel so none of this makes sense?
Have you still got the o2 sensor hooked up and running if so turn it off.
No the 02 sensor and exhaust valves are taken off since I replaced the stock exhaust with Paul’s headers and secondary pipes. Just retained the stock end can..

·
Registered
446 Posts
So you turned the o2 sensor off so I’m assuming you have woolich flash?
I’ve had my bike woolich flashed plus pair valve hose blocked and it runs sweet.
I don’t get it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm yes I have done woolich flash, weird why I am getting more engine braking and less power in lower revs ��

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is the Woolich flash tool??....and 'Flash' is a very general expression..meaning the program in the ECU has been downloaded a-new, but does not explain what has been changed, or if anything at all. One can actually download the very stock factory program, saying has been 'flashed', but nothing changes.

.....I got the Woolich software, that is why I ask.

…...the air injection on the exhaust has been around since the '70s in automobiles, and since the '80s in motorcycle. It is a simple way to reduce pollution. The system bypasses the engine, it goes from air box to exhaust, and normally except for some exhaust popping when enabled, it is not supposed to affect anything else, neither performance, nor drivability. Same if you disabled it properly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sorry I've just got a habit of saying flash tool lol.
Have you heard of rexxer well that is a flash tool.
Yep woolich is like tuneecu.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I get it.....actually...I think Woolich and Rexxer are both similar tuning kits, but it is more about the software and understanding what (..and why) one can change.

The actual tools would be the interface to a computer, and the harness to the ECU to transfer the changes.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I believe you made the same mistake as me and blocked the wrong hose. I blocked a hose in the correct location but on the wrong side of the bike and had a low, rough idle and increased engine braking until i realized my mistake.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I believe you made the same mistake as me and blocked the wrong hose. I blocked a hose in the correct location but on the wrong side of the bike and had a low, rough idle and increased engine braking until i realized my mistake.
Can you explain, all i did was block the opening of the hole inside of the airbox near to the right side, right at the bottom corner of our air filter, is that the right one ??? please check attachment!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
if your fitting an aftermarket exhaust, you definetily want to block the pair valve from operating as it will near eliminate any extra scavenging due to vacume on ex port, then the only benefit of the exhaust will be possible extra flow but probably noise only

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if your fitting an aftermarket exhaust, you definetily want to block the pair valve from operating as it will near eliminate any extra scavenging due to vacume on ex port, then the only benefit of the exhaust will be possible extra flow but probably noise only
What do you mean by this, i didnt get, i have aftermarket exhaust. If anything pair blocking will stop air flow to the header opening, thus creating a vaccum, which will help pull out the exhaust gases ( or scavenge) from cylinder as the valves opens...right

So it should essentially increase performance throughout the rev range as it reduced back pressure to an extant

1 - 17 of 17 Posts