Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so
after a lot of mods i can say this is now the bike suzuki should have made
dont get me wrong its awesome standard but now its so much better
this is the list just done
arrow headers
pc5
tre
rk performance mods (speak to rich on here)
hm seamless shifter
and a full dyno set up nearly 50 runs in total to set it up
155bhp 82ft/lb torque
the snatchy throttle is gone and at low speed its well mannered and poised
the power delivery is vivid not as vivid as my k9 but amazing none the less
the low speed roll on is stunning with the extra torque
I cant keep the front wheel on the ground it pulls that hard when you press on
ok its a couple of grand to get to this point on top of the bike but its simply epic and tbh in my opinion its 2k well spent
the exhaust note is now on par with a gixxer
video to follow !!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats on the sweet swetup, looking forward to the vids!

I'd get a full exhaust in a heart beat if I could find one with a cat. Can't remove emissions equipment here without running the risk of fines and having to put the original back on :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
You guys seem to know this GSXS engine best...any advice on how I can smooth out the engine at 1rpm through about 3rpm? The engine runs rough at these low RPMs (I do have the Yoshimura Signature Alpha Slip-On) and since I split lanes at low RPM daily here in California its kinda as drag. I refuse to keep the bike in 1st gear to bring the RPMSs up.

My only idea is that maybe a Power Commander "might" do the trick?

Also, Ive got my eye on the Arrow headers, but Im wondering how tricky it is when removing any emissions components on the bike? Im not worried about emissions since it is never checked here. Are they good installation instructions with the header kit?

Thanks -Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
You guys seem to know this GSXS engine best...any advice on how I can smooth out the engine at 1rpm through about 3rpm? The engine runs rough at these low RPMs (I do have the Yoshimura Signature Alpha Slip-On) and since I split lanes at low RPM daily here in California its kinda as drag. I refuse to keep the bike in 1st gear to bring the RPMSs up.

My only idea is that maybe a Power Commander "might" do the trick?

Also, Ive got my eye on the Arrow headers, but Im wondering how tricky it is when removing any emissions components on the bike? Im not worried about emissions since it is never checked here. Are they good installation instructions with the header kit?

Thanks -Scott
The only way to smooth the bike out is to correct the fueling and removal of the set valve/ pair valve and o2 sensor.
The arrow headers are easy enough to fit but does require a fair strip down of the bike to do properly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only way to smooth the bike out is to correct the fueling and removal of the set valve/ pair valve and o2 sensor.
The arrow headers are easy enough to fit but does require a fair strip down of the bike to do properly.
Can you elaborate on how to correct the fueling and removal of set valve/pair valve and o2 sensor? Maybe only a specialty type of shop can perform these tasks?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you think would this be any better or do the same thing as power commander and would the set valve/pair valve and o2 sensor still have to come out to the smooth the bike out. https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=6&Q=boosterplug+suzuki&x=0&y=0

·
Registered
239 Posts
I looked at those a couple of months ago but they didnt have one for our bike back then and no-one seemed to know anything about them, Anyone tried one on other bikes??

·
Registered
41 Posts
That sounds exactly what my bike needs! Im going to do some research before jumping in.
Cant be bad for all the money it costs in relation to power commander and dyno time etc. Should be fairly easy fitted too. Its the Scandanavians that make them and they seem to talk a lot of sense and quite clued in on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you elaborate on how to correct the fueling and removal of set valve/pair valve and o2 sensor? Maybe only a specialty type of shop can perform these tasks?
The best way at present until a reliable way of flashing the ecu is a power commander with a custom map.
All of the parts that require removal will need to be bypassed other wise they will all fight against the power commander map.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you think would this be any better or do the same thing as power commander and would the set valve/pair valve and o2 sensor still have to come out to the smooth the bike out. https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=6&Q=boosterplug+suzuki&x=0&y=0
I looked at those a couple of months ago but they didnt have one for our bike back then and no-one seemed to know anything about them, Anyone tried one on other bikes??
That sounds exactly what my bike needs! Im going to do some research before jumping in.
Boosterplug direct source $150

Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F BoosterPlug
Cant be bad for all the money it costs in relation to power commander and dyno time etc. Should be fairly easy fitted too. Its the Scandanavians that make them and they seem to talk a lot of sense and quite clued in on it.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anything like that in all honesty, if it was that simple and the results that good power commanders and bazazz fuel controllers would be a thing of the past.
The thing with power commanders etc is that you can adjust the factory map and get a perfect fuel curve, with these modules that trick the bike into thinking its hotter/ colder etc art correcting the map as precisely and I've never seen one that works as described.
Try comparing a auto tune map to a full custom map, theres no contest, again with the module theres no map being written its done in real time so the adjustments if the bikes lean / rich and judders will happen after the event unlike a custom map that has already corrected the fueling so the event doesn't occur.
The other major problem is all this is being adjusted based on the bikes narrow band lambda sensor, there not designed for tuning a fuel map all they will tell the computer is if the bike is lean rich or stoic, this is no use for a setup and only any good for keeping the bikes within a specific a/f range for emissions.
A wide band lambda is what is used for tuning an accurate fuel curve either on a dyno or with auto tune.
As always theres lots of cheap ways that say they get the results but rarely do, sadly it costs a lot of time and development for the products/ services that actually get real results.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I certainly wouldn't recommend anything like that in all honesty, if it was that simple and the results that good power commanders and bazazz fuel controllers would be a thing of the past.
The thing with power commanders etc is that you can adjust the factory map and get a perfect fuel curve, with these modules that trick the bike into thinking its hotter/ colder etc art correcting the map as precisely and I've never seen one that works as described.
Try comparing a auto tune map to a full custom map, theres no contest, again with the module theres no map being written its done in real time so the adjustments if the bikes lean / rich and judders will happen after the event unlike a custom map that has already corrected the fueling so the event doesn't occur.
The other major problem is all this is being adjusted based on the bikes narrow band lambda sensor, there not designed for tuning a fuel map all they will tell the computer is if the bike is lean rich or stoic, this is no use for a setup and only any good for keeping the bikes within a specific a/f range for emissions.
A wide band lambda is what is used for tuning an accurate fuel curve either on a dyno or with auto tune.
As always theres lots of cheap ways that say they get the results but rarely do, sadly it costs a lot of time and development for the products/ services that actually get real results.

All sounds good, but I've already pulled the trigger on the Boostplug. Should have it in 7-10 days. I read nothing but good reviews from previous buyers.
Stay tuned for my personal experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
All sounds good, but I've already pulled the trigger on the Boostplug. Should have it in 7-10 days. I read nothing but good reviews from previous buyers.
Stay tuned for my personal experience.
Really interested to hear how you get on with it and if it does the trick. Fingers crossed for you its the solution. I've no idea what to do to be truthful :confused: Keep us posted :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Things like the booster plug, and one plug fixes have been around since the 1950's. I realize how stupid I am because I should have built this product.

As they were back then, they remain scams. They sold them at the fairs, and mechanics made a fortune removing them.

The scam is more sophisticated today, but its still a scam. .

There would be something to it if your bike was running lean. As gixerboy09 charts show, its not.

If you dig into fuel maps, you'll find they bikes actually run rich, up top, right from the factory.

Scams can usually be identified when highly technical info is "dumbed down" to your level along with a total absence of credible sources backing up the product.

A dyno pull is about 40 bucks, maybe less if you dont ask for tuning. Would you think about investing in one of you were selling power producing goods? Apparently, boosterplug did not.

There was a short period of time when motorcycles did run lean......around 1985. It would have been awesome then.

Now, they use catalytic converts and air injection. This lets them jet rich, up top.

What this will do is offer instant throttle response. Overly rich mixtures do that. Up top, it wont make the power of a stock bike.

You guys are feeling fuel cut, and this product wont address that.

Congrats if you ordered one. You are now -150.00 away from a solution.

WATCH OUT FOR COPIES! Yea.....like this:

http://www.vulcangadgets.com/files/ping_fix.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Things like the booster plug, and one plug fixes have been around since the 1950's.

As they were back then, they remain scams. They sold them at the fairs, and mechanics made a fortune removing them.

There would be something to it if your bike was running lean. As gixerboy09 charts show, its not.

If you dig into fuel maps, you'll find they bikes actually run rich, up top, right from the factory.

Scams can usually be identified when highly technical info is "dumbed down" to your level along with a total absence of credible sources backing up the product.

A dyno pull is about 40 bucks, maybe less if you dont ask for tuning. Would you think about investing in one of you were selling power producing goods? Apparently, boosterplug did not.
I'm far from technically savvy enough to debate the technology of BoosterPlugs versus systems such as Bazzaz and Power Commander. But what I have read is that the expensive mapping solutions are to not only clean up throttle response but also add more horsepower, most likely by adding fuel at specified RPM's.
My only goal with the Boosterplug is to smooth out the motor at very low RPM's and soften the jerky on/off throttle response. And this is what they claim, not any gains in horsepower...so theres no reason to dyno the bike.

I read almost 50 customer reviews (and Im sure we all question if these are legit) and all said the BoosterPlug did exactly what they claim. If someone can find claims that the BoostPlug is a scam then please post the link for us to view.

If it doesn't work call me the guinea pig and I'll take up donations from you guys to reimberse the $150 I invested to keep anyone interested from wasting their money -lol. Kidding of course. I think the BP is worth a shot at least.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Things like the booster plug, and one plug fixes have been around since the 1950's. I realize how stupid I am because I should have built this product.

There was a short period of time when motorcycles did run lean......around 1985. It would have been awesome then.

Now, they use catalytic converts and air injection. This lets them jet rich, up top.

What this will do is offer instant throttle response. Overly rich mixtures do that. Up top, it wont make the power of a stock bike.

You guys are feeling fuel cut, and this product wont address that.

Congrats if you ordered one. You are now -150.00 away from a solution.

WATCH OUT FOR COPIES! Yea.....like this:

Pre-Ignition Fix For Fuel Injected Motorcycles

Note you are speaking of the bike actually running rich, but up top. The issue is about how the bike runs rough on the bottom. Sounds like a lean mixture issue.

And you mention horsepower gains. BoosterPlug makes no claims of added HP

Just trying to keep clarity of this problem and product claims

·
Registered
451 Posts
Heres the problem. This guy explains "fuel cut" Its not an ad for ivan as he does not even make it for your bike. It talks about the issue. Rich or lean really is not the issue. Its an on/off switch you wish was a dimmer.

Ivan's Performance Products

Boosterplug does not address this. It cant.

The reason being is its adding 3-6% fuel, but on off throttle our "fuel cut" says "0". 6% of zero is still zero.

Honestly, 10 minutes looking at dyno jet powercommander maps show them removing fuel at several points, for virtually all bikes.

If you ordered a boosterplug, you basically paid 150.00 for a pack of 80 cent radio shack resistors.

Go to radio shack and get them as a test. Full instructions in the previous link.

I'll download a dynojet map for a 2014 gsxr 1000. Ive not done it yet. Being the map was made for improved power and drive ability, lets see where it adds fuel, and where it subtracts.

I failed miserably in an attempt to post a power commander map. They have a map for your stock bikes.

The map is interesting. It shows the stock bike running right, up top,and almost ideal down low. The altered map actually shows less fuel needed, not more.

This product sounds awesome, but dont confuse it with an ecu remap, or something with value. Its an 80 cent resistor that very easy to make yourself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry, I dotn knwo how to print th emap, but the numbers are interesting. They do almost nothing to stock fuel ratios.

It so happens dynojet has a map for your bikes. Developed to make more power and better driveability. They had the ability to add any amount of fuel anywhere they wanted to. Look what they did:

From left to right, numbers should appear above the zeros indication % of throttle openeing. Up and down is engine rpm's from 0 to 11,000
0% 100%
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 -1 1 1 -1 -3 -4 -5
0 0 0 -1 2 1 0 -3 -1 -1
0 0 0 2 -1 1 1 1 1 7
0 0 0 -3 -4 -2 3 3 4 9
0 0 0 0 -4 -4 6 0 3 4