GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Welsh members had a remap or fuelling calibration can advise me where to get this done, getting a bit tired of the 2-4000rpm stutter now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you dont mind a little travelling i would go to P3 tuning, they did mine and have done other gsxs1000's ...these guys arer second to none, transformed my bike they based in liverpool.

this is mine

someones wheelie bike

F model

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you dont mind a little travelling i would go to P3 tuning, they did mine and have done other gsxs1000's ...these guys arer second to none, transformed my bike they based in liverpool.

this is mine

someones wheelie bike

F model
Would you describe the bike as smoother to ride now? I am not after big power gains but the 2-4000rpm jitters really annoying for urban riding, just want some of the smoothness that a 4cylinder bike should be giving.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have found a place without crossing the border, what they have offered is this -
A powercommander will work ok , supplied with two maps and a switch is £700.

Another option is to remap direct to the ECU , this allows mapping of the IAP map and TPS maps plus we have the ability to auto tune the fuel map and change other settings including ignition timings . cost of this is £450.
How does this compare with what others have had done?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Would you describe the bike as smoother to ride now? I am not after big power gains but the 2-4000rpm jitters really annoying for urban riding, just want some of the smoothness that a 4cylinder bike should be giving.
Its is a **** of alot smoother it is a totally different bike...£750 is alot for power commander and other bits done....i was gonna gwt a power commander fitted but P3 tuning advosed against it said they can sort it without.....and they did

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the bike booked into JHS, they will reprogram the ecu with a Woolich tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts