GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be removing my airbox today to fit a QS. Can I remove the whole thing at once or do I have to open it up and remove air filter etc??

Anything else I need to look out for??

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Will be removing my airbox today to fit a QS. Can I remove the whole thing at once or do I have to open it up and remove air filter etc??

I assume QS means "quick shifter". I'm curious as to why are you removing the air box to install a quick shifter? What brand QS are you installing? It must be a brand other than a Dynojet QS.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm assuming that's installing the PCV at the same time, right?

I'll be doing this later today with Bazzaz. Can look in the FSM when I get home and post instructions if you don't have them by then. I'm working a short day today, so should only be a couple hours from now.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Once you've released all the pipes and plugs you can remove the air box in one piece by undoing the single screw that hides under a rubber grommit located on the top of the air box (under the ECU). Not forgetting to loosen the 4 jubilee clips holding it onto the throttle body (under the airbox). ;);)

Reactions: gsxsdave

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just propped the tank up in the front and could reach the injectors just fine without pulling the air box. TPS was a little tighter to get, but not really an issue and I have large hands.
I'm gonna give this a try, really not looking forward to removing the gas tank completely

·
Registered
211 Posts
When I did my bits I removed the tank and the airbox. More work but in the end it was easier FOR ME to do it that way so that I didn't do any dodgy stuff propping up tank and I could see what I was doing which made it easier to double check everything and make the wiring neater. YMMV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts