GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do with the spot where the factory mirrors mounted to the control perchs? Looking for options other than threaded holes

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
^^ they're one piece with other things that can't be turned upside down, not sure that would work.

but yeah I would go with plugs, but this is the main reason I didn't go with bar end mirrors, that and they just make the bike wider for parking & garage storage etc

·
Registered
647 Posts
I bought a set of chinese mirror clamps for the brake side and a Honda CBR125R mirror blanking plug for clutch side.

·
Registered
126 Posts
^^ they're one piece with other things that can't be turned upside down, not sure that would work.

but yeah I would go with plugs, but this is the main reason I didn't go with bar end mirrors, that and they just make the bike wider for parking & garage storage etc
If the OP is not wanting to have the threaded portion on display after removal of the mirrors then you can just turn the mounts upside down. Very simple solution. I've either misunderstood the orignal question or you've got different OEM mounts to mine!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I tried that when I had bar ends, the clamp depth are not equal length , so when flipped upside down they wont align(Unless anyone here has been able to do it). I'd like to see it done with the stock clamps. Would look awesome I think.
If the OP is not wanting to have the threaded portion on display after removal of the mirrors then you can just turn the mounts upside down. Very simple solution. I've either misunderstood the orignal question or you've got different OEM mounts to mine!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts