GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Pretty confused here. I've got the F model (a really good deal came up at the dealer I could not turn down) - I have changed the headlight bulbs since the ones it comes with are rubbish IMO. This is pretty much the first mod I do when I get a bike.

Anyway, now the fang/position LEDs just below the main lights don't work. I have tried switching back to the original bulbs even running it with the headlights disconnected. I have also checked the fuses which all seem fine (though I couldn't find a fuse for the LEDs).

Anybody had something like this? Any ideas on things to check? I'm pretty sure they worked before. Should I take it to the dealer, what should I say? Should I put the original bulbs back and claim ignorance?

Very confused, no idea what I could have done to it :(. Any ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,888 Posts
Don't know where you are located but in some countries ie USA they are not fitted.
It should be possible to check the back of the headlight for wires/bulbs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know my F model does not have "fang lights". In fact, I guess that I have "lightless fangs" on my bike (can still bite though).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in New Zealand. Having had a close look on the inside, it really does look like I just don't have the LEDs. What a derp I am! I admit to not really looking closely when I picked it up since I'd watched a whole lot of video reviews and saw the front (with LEDs) a bunch.

Oh well, thanks anyway everybody!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The leds are hard to see.
They are parking lights and you probably need them to pass rego.
Mine has 3 wires going through each headlight cover.
The leds would have a common earth with the headlights as mine has a t joint from the headlight.
If it was a fuse the tail light would be out as well.

Just pulled the signal,headlights,ign fuses and they stayed on.
Maybe fuses other than under the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only have two wires going to each headlight, through the round water seal cover thing. A yellow and black on both sides, no other wires anywhere to be seen, or anywhere wires could go.

Pretty weird, I guess I definitely don't have them for some reason... I wonder if there was a factory **** up or something, will ask the dealer. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you look at the wing lights, you can see the reflection of the LED's when the power is off (little yellow squares in the reflector). My Aus shipped one has them for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, definitely no yellow squares, no wires leading in (looks like little grey plastic caps glued on), so pretty sure I haven't had the "fang" lights all along. Well, I feel dumb now. Also I have the pumpkin indicators (they have orange plastic lenses on the indicators) where others I've since seen here have clear. So maybe my bike is a weird screw up...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm located in Sydney Australia and my naked model has two wedge type 5 watt regular bulbs in the fangs of the headlight, I'll be upgrading those with the brightest LEDs I can find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts