GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 GSXS 1000Z. I stopped in and purchased a Pathfinder LED for better night time visibility. This was recommended as a replacement. After getting it home I first noticed that the connector was 2 prong instead of 3. Plus the fact that it didn’t have the ring that allows it to sit in the housing. I have looked online trying to find an LED replacement and everything I have seen has the 2 prong connectors. Any suggestions on a replacement? I have about a 70 mile drive and now that daylight savings is here I have to drive at night. The stock one that came with it just does not provide a lot of lighting. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I trimmed a little of the rubber gasket but otherwise went right in. I have been running it several months with no issues. I had a hid headlight in the hayabusa and it was brighter than the led in the gsx, but trying to hide the ballasts in the hayabusa was hard enough with fairings, I had nowhere to do it on the naked gsx. I’m happy especially compared to stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is what I used off Amazon

SEALIGHT H4/9003 LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb, High/Low Beam, 6000K Xenon White
Nice. Any issues fitment or otherwise?
I’ve just installed my sealight led bulb and nothing to do, juste place it right to close the front light! Love the difference!!! My gsxs1000 light up my girlfriend 750 before and after!

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here is what I used off Amazon

SEALIGHT H4/9003 LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb, High/Low Beam, 6000K Xenon White
Just got around to installing mine. No trimming was necessary once I figured out that the plate unscrews from the bulb. Crazy bright!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice Dave. Was the install pretty straight forward?

I tend to ride with my high beams on during the day only for better visibility but wouldn't mind having a brighter low-beam instead. These do the trick?

I don't ride at night normally so that's not an issue for me. My concern is being seen approaching an intersection or similar hazard.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice Dave. Was the install pretty straight forward?

I tend to ride with my high beams on during the day only for better visibility but wouldn't mind having a brighter low-beam instead. These do the trick?

I don't ride at night normally so that's not an issue for me. My concern is being seen approaching an intersection or similar hazard.
Haven't tested them yet because of the weather, but it lights up the garage much brighter than stock. The 6000k is more white than yellow which I prefer at night. For daylight use, can't say if it will offer any more visibility. I might be able to test it out today.

Install is straightforward:
- Remove the plastic shroud covering the speedo which is held in place by the 2 bolts at the top and a clip at the bottom.
- Remove 2 bolts and pull forward and down on the headlight housing.
- Disconnect the headlight plug and position light (???) plug so you can pull down the housing fully.
- Remove the rubber boot covering the bulb.
- Unhook the retaining latch holding in the bulb.
- Replace bulb with LED bulb, making sure to unscrew the plate like in my previous post when reassembling with the rubber boot.

My wiring might look a little different as I'm using aftermarket turn signals with connector adapers and have the Koso heated grips connected to the keyed aux source. Not sure how I got everything to fit in there but it works.

·
Registered
165 Posts
With pics too. Thanks Dave!!

Can you or packmule post a direct link to Amazon as I get a bunch of items show up on my search and want to be sure I get one I know works, preferably a solo pack as I don't need 2 bulbs? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got around to installing mine. No trimming was necessary once I figured out that the plate unscrews from the bulb. Crazy bright!

Hello Dave, I have actually had this bulb sitting on my desk for a couple weeks now, i was having issues instaling the bulb as i could not figure out where to put the module box and the actual plug itself as it no longer fits where the original plug was due to the heat sync. Once the bulb is plugged in what was the easiest way you found to tuck away the extra module and the plug?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello Dave, I have actually had this bulb sitting on my desk for a couple weeks now, i was having issues instaling the bulb as i could not figure out where to put the module box and the actual plug itself as it no longer fits where the original plug was due to the heat sync. Once the bulb is plugged in what was the easiest way you found to tuck away the extra module and the plug?
There was a lot of fiddling to get it to close but I'm pretty sure I have it running upward on the clutch side half of the housing. I didn't take pictures because it was pretty cluttered when closing it with all the extra heated grip wiring. If you continue to have trouble, I can try to take some pics.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
There was a lot of fiddling to get it to close but I'm pretty sure I have it running upward on the clutch side half of the housing. I didn't take pictures because it was pretty cluttered when closing it with all the extra heated grip wiring. If you continue to have trouble, I can try to take some pics.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
I tried again with this least night and managed to actually get it fitted in quite well, mine seemed to work better on the brake side of the headlight module. Everything fit very snug bit it is in and in place. Very happy with the changeover to this as well.
And right after i installed that i installed the full T-Rex frame slider kit as well. Almost ready for spring now. Few more tid bits to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts