GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
Here's a UK YouTube Poster (Spicy 110) review of the 2017 1000 Naked with comparisons to the new 2017 750 he reviewed just earlier.

Rob.

The GSXS750 Review :

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the way the 2 video's ended up in the post over each other, the red just pumps out against the green background.
It makes the 2 bikes easy to compare the differences between each model.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
For a self-confessed lover of smaller displacement bikes, he sure seemed absolutely gidddy about the power of the GSX-S1000. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
For a self-confessed lover of smaller displacement bikes, he sure seemed absolutely gidddy about the power of the GSX-S1000. :)
Ahaha! Yeah, my thought too! :D

He also mentions the 1000 did not feel that much heavier, kind of defeating the purpose of wanting a smaller displacement bike.

For myself, I like the power of the 1000. I was impressed on day 1. Now, I still appreciate the power at all revs. But, over time, as odd as it may sound, I still see flaws to having instant power at all revs/gears. Who would have thought!? Being used to peaky engines (and I am now realizing I like them actually), I sort of don't like the fact that I can ride the bike without downshifting, be lazy, and still be very quick. It makes me more ... lazy at times. I actually like when I have to work for it. :) That's the only 'complain' I have on the bike power, so it's a pretty weak one! ;) At the same time, a liter bike will have more power up top than a 600-750cc. That I like. I bet I would be looking for more powA if I switch to a smaller displacement bike. After a year, I am already getting used to the powA of mine, and want more! Time for a few mods I think.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ahaha! Yeah, my thought too! :D

He also mentions the 1000 did not feel that much heavier, kind of defeating the purpose of wanting a smaller displacement bike.

For myself, I like the power of the 1000. I was impressed on day 1. Now, I still appreciate the power at all revs. But, over time, as odd as it may sound, I still see flaws to having instant power at all revs/gears. Who would have thought!? Being used to peaky engines (and I am now realizing I like them actually), I sort of don't like the fact that I can ride the bike without downshifting, be lazy, and still be very quick. It makes me more ... lazy at times. I actually like when I have to work for it. :) That's the only 'complain' I have on the bike power, so it's a pretty weak one! ;) At the same time, a liter bike will have more power up top than a 600-750cc. That I like. I bet I would be looking for more powA if I switch to a smaller displacement bike. After a year, I am already getting used to the powA of mine, and want more! Time for a few mods I think.
Watch a few videos by Dale Walker and Holeshot and it will get you thinking about headers, cat deletes and a few other things.
On second thought, you probably should NOT watch them. ;)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The 110 in Spicy 110 is because his own bike is 110 cc trail bike or postie bike.
Like a lot of these Y/Tube posters, they are just off the L plates and can't get enough of exploring motorcycles.
The Dealers love them as they personally will rebuy there again and the Video's send them others.
I find the US equivalent reviews are pretty useless as the Distributors Dealer Test Day's just ride in long straight square with stops at traffic lights for bends.
Florida is a bad place for real corners if you want to scape the knee on a RR, based on my observation of these "limited risk to their bikes" experience events.
I like the UK's 'The Missenden Flyer' for a serious new Bike review and 'Captain Rambunctious' for a Tally Bloody Ho good laugh.

Rob.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The S1000's power is intoxicating. Love the free revving and instant power it delivers.
I got on my FJR and started to ride it with short quick shifts. NOO you dont ride a FJR like that..lol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi Guy's
Here's a UK YouTube Poster (Spicy 110) review of the 2017 1000 Naked with comparisons to the new 2017 750 he reviewed just earlier.

Rob.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqn_9VhYWuY

The GSXS750 Review :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UaL2RAmoc
Hey Rob thanks for sharing the YouTube reviews. Good reviewer and down to earth. Interesting (and I totally agree) how he doesn't have a problem with fueling or snatchiness throttle of the bikes. It's just an over reaction from people that aren't used to lots power on modern sports bikes I guess too. Then again after coming from a very powerful former bike that really did have a on/ off throttle the Suzuki is very nice and responsive indeed. I would have mentioned if I was reviewing the 1000 is always going to be better if you are taking a pillion now and then. My wife jumps on mine sometimes, so the 750 wouldn't be as much up to the job in that regard.
In saying that I think 750 capacity is probably the best size road bike available in terms of agility, lightness, economy, and value for tyre wear and costing.
However I love my 1000F!
Cheers
Regards
Jeffro (Australia) 😀

1 - 12 of 12 Posts