2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visordown review HERE .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Visordown review HERE .
Great catch, dekker...and a decent review that doesn't fawn over the new bike, but tells it like it is. I particularly liked the realistic view of the windscreen, and the criticism aimed at Suzuki for making heated grips optional. Also, the writer takes Suzuki to task for claiming the mirror positioning keeps your hands out of the airflow, to which the author says (essentially)..."bollocks". The whole "wind tunnel" thing about the windscreen, too, is shown to be a bit of manufacturer hyperbole, which I suspected, but was grateful to see exposed for what it is. Why do motorcycle manufacturers concoct these fictions when introducing a new bike? They all do it. Read the reviews from the company and you'd think the perfect bike has finally been created, only to spend $$$ on windscreens getting it right (good luck with that!), and forking over more $$$ to keep your hands warm.

So...yes, a great bike platform that hits a price point, but when you fix it up to make it better, that price point is best seen in your rear view mirror...lol!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I personally appreciate heated grips not being on it
The Suzuki ones with wires are ugly. But aftermarket exist, and that is where I will get the parts I want to customize the basic bike to my needs
I get that, but Suzuki surely has the technical know-how to make decent heated grips without awkward wiring. They chose not to. Sure, not everyone wants heated grips, but I doubt many people using a bike as a tourer fit in that category. Just a minor gripe, but glad the author made it. Suzuki should fix that wiring issue and make the heaters standard next year.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I get that, but Suzuki surely has the technical know-how to make decent heated grips without awkward wiring. They chose not to. Sure, not everyone wants heated grips, but I doubt many people using a bike as a tourer fit in that category. Just a minor gripe, but glad the author made it. Suzuki should fix that wiring issue and make the heaters standard next year.
I'm wondering if almost $Au 700 heated grips, which were a free bee IF you plonked down the $1000 deposit down last year, will become standard fitment going onwards ?
Actually, I like the standard air cooled grips. No wiring to hide away there, and zero maintenance.
I'd prefer the slightly taller windscreen as the stock one, and have the 'vertically challenged' amongst us have the option to purchase a shorter screen.

Rob.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
160 Posts
They are like $220 USD on Webbike Japan for Suzuki heated grips. I'm thinking I will wait for a Puig windscreen as I prefer a light smoke, not clear screen. I hear you on the wind tunnel testing. So many manufacturers make up so much marketing BS.

·
Registered
GSX-S750Z - GSX-S1000GT
16 Posts
Did a 2up tour about 500km last weekend. It was perfect for us (My gf is only 1.55 /50 kg). Just waiting for new seats to get it more comfy. OEM seats starting to hurt after 2/2.5 hours.

We have also already tried packing for the big holiday in Italy. Seems that we shouldnt have a problem to take everything we need with us :)
Luggage and bags Motor vehicle Automotive design Comfort Bag
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
I had no trouble mounting my wolfman medium duffle bag packed with camping gear. This was a mock pack this past Sunday I don’t leave out until this coming Friday. There is a 3 man tent, Nemo air mattress, Kermit chair with leg extension, sleeping bag, pillow, camp towel, lantern and collapsible cooler in that duffle. It’s on rock solid with just two rok straps wrapped around to rear grab bar up and over back under to grab bar. It’s not going anywhere and I can still easily open the latches for side bags with it still on the bike. Cloths and riding gear extras go in side bags. Alaska leather sheepskin cover on the seat controls this southern humid heat we have down here. Seat doesn’t heat up from the bike. I don’t do top cases.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts