GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My bike is doin its run in miles now, i am under 1000kms. my question is when is the right time, so i can push the bike hard to the 11.5 rev limit? i am so wanting to feel how the top end of this bike is...

i mean i dont want to ruin the engine. after how many kms according to you people, will it be safe to push the bike all the way to 11.5k?

also will it damage the engine if pushed all the way to 11.5k , for eg: drag racing?

are our engines capable of handling that much load.. is 11.5 safe according to suzuki. is it that this bike could go 13k and limited to 11.5k to save the engine?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just go for it, you won't do any damage ( unless you crash :laugh:). My dealer laughed when I asked about break in.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I had mine to 11,000rpm in the first 3 gears with maybe 20 miles on the bike. Engines that go through hard break-ins don't burn oil and make more power...

Each engine goes through a crazy torture test before they're fit for use at the factory. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Each engine goes through a crazy torture test before they're fit for use at the factory. It'll be fine.

They do that with a dyno so they know which ones produce more power to put the blue plastics on ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts