GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Ride magazine in the post yesterday.
The GSXS really didnt come out well against the BMW s1000r the Tuono or the Speed triple, nothing new but reinforced some popular beliefs/thoughts.
Have often thought about buying a tuono, but couldnt afford it this time.
Still happy with the bike tho:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
These publications aren't comparing apples to apples. Just spend another $5,000 to step up and get a Beemer or Aprilia. You get what you pay for and the GSXS is in a class all its own. A fair comparison would be the CBR1000 and Kawasaki Z1000. The GSXS is superior. Theres also a post on here from a guy that did a track day and said his GSXS was pulling Ducati's and others out of the corners. Works for me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
When the cost is that far out of line, I agree.

Whats never brought up is the big difference is suspension. If you spend some money on improving it, you get something thats every bit as good, and maybe better considering the suspension is set up for your weight.

Also worth noting is they are rating bikes they pay zero for. That me and no worries about shop time, and no lost time when the others break down. Nothing else has what you'd call reliable once you leave the Japanese bikes.

Even those who claim to have no problems are scared to own the bmw's, and Aprilias past their warranty expiration date.

Want an Aprilia? Here ya go. Less money than a new suzuki

Motorcycles, Road Bikes Used Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com

Its been at this price all summer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After Talking to a bike industry professional who is a personal friend on the weekend about the new Tuono 1100, he has advised that even on the Factory model the suspension is not as it seems. He claims he has advised his clients to go aftermarket on shocks and fork internals as they are not the quality you would expect for the money spent.
As much as the new Tuono is a beautiful bike with a stonking motor (and I have riden one) I'm not of the opinion the extra coin to purchase one represents the best value in this light. Pains me to say this as I have owned two v2's over the years.
At the end of the day the Suzuki does represent good value for money and with a little money thrown to update the suspension would handle as well as anything else in the current market.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You get what you pay for and for the money the Suzuki costs I for one think you get a lot of bike. I have always had Suzuki's in one form or another and find them reliable, built to last if you look after them and fast. The S1000R and the Tuono are great bikes in their own right but they are not flawless, the S1000R I rode already had wear and tear on it which I didn't expect as it had only done 700km when I rode it, then the recalls the high maintenance costs and the price of spares. You buy BMW and Aprillia as a life choice statement, look how much money I have you buy a Suzuki to ride.

Just Saying : - )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts