GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to lose the the rubber post/bungs from my naked.. they are the ones that are on the bottom sides of the fuel tank that the black plastic frame cover attaches to... Thing is I can't find a part number for them.. Can anyone advise on the part number please or where to buy a pair.... :confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I modified a rubber grommet that I had if it is the round one you are talking about.
I found mine get pulled out and hide in the faring.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I modified a rubber grommet that I had if it is the round one you are talking about.
I found mine get pulled out and hide in the faring.
No not that one Mr boost, although I've lost one of those too but have the part number... It's the one's that are mounted on the bottom the fuel tank flange .. they have a small post on them so the side cover slides/mounts on them...!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers ESXBOY neither of those I'm afraid.. if you look at the fuel tank diagram just above number 5 Cushion there a hole in bottom flange it/they fix in there, but they are not showing on the diagram hence no part number .. They do exist as you can see on this Youtube PowerCommander GSX-S1000 fitting video.. https://youtu.be/uVy7-WV1_ag

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've managed to lose the the rubber post/bungs from my naked.. they are the ones that are on the bottom sides of the fuel tank that the black plastic frame cover attaches to... Thing is I can't find a part number for them.. Can anyone advise on the part number please or where to buy a pair.... :confused:
I have a naked too.
When I have adjusted the TPS and lifted the tank, I didn't find those plastic clips attached to the fuel tank.
IMO not all bikes have mounted those clips from factory.

Do you think they are really useful?
I think the plastic covers are well attached even without those clips.

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a naked too.
When I have adjusted the TPS and lifted the tank, I didn't find those plastic clips attached to the fuel tank.
IMO not all bikes have mounted those clips from factory.

Do you think they are really useful?
I think the plastic covers are well attached even without those clips.

Cheers! :)
Think your right Kassu, but I'm a bit OCD...:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts