GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just removed rear shock to find rust all around the weld between the the top mounting and the main body... bike not even a year old, 1700 miles, has never seen rain except caught out once one wet roads. Hate to think what state the shock would be in after a british winter.. Should have taken some pics to show here and email to Suzuki, but went ahead and cleaned it up to treat and a lick of paint.....:(

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I had a moan to my brother after the first time I got caught in a rain storm and found water inside the rear indicators.
He looked at me rather piously and said " well it is a Suzuki you know"
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Every bike I've bought brand new had rust in about 3-4 months, most never saw rain more than once or twice. Rust doesn't sleep.

Usually the bar ends and swingarm are the first to get it. My FZ-07 had a ridiculous amount of rust under the throttle grip, can't believe it operated smoothly with the amount of rust under there.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for bringing it up - I hadn't thought much about rust developing early. Cars frames are treated for rust prevention, but I doubt our bikes are.

Sorry to hear your disappointment, but at least it sounds like you know how to take care of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts