GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the S2 Concepts windscreen for my bike, because all of the other options on the market seemed to get bad reviews. I was worried about the purchase because I couldn’t find ANY reviews on their screen, but figured no review is better than a bad review.

Well, I am ELATED with this screen! It pushes the wind to the bottom of my helmet and creates a smooth stream of air for my head. I have a bad neck so it was very important to me that my head wouldn’t be buffeted around by a taller screen.

An unexpected benefit of this screen is it increased my mpg when going 70mph by about 5mpg (hard to tell an exact number because I live in a hilly area, but it is undoubtedly getting better gas mileage).

My only complaint is the screen took 2 1/2 weeks to be shipped, and even then it was only shipped after I emailed them asking for an eta. I’m not sure if my order got lost in the shuffle, or if they actually just take that long to ship items. Since I am in America the order took an additional two weeks to arrive after it was shipped, but I don’t blame S2 Concepts for long international shipping times.

In short 10/10 I highly recommend this windscreen.

Here are some photos:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to say the windscreen did require drilling an additional whole in the plastic panel to create a fifth mounting location for the included bracket. I assume this is because the new windscreen catches more wind than the factory screen and needs to additional rigidity.

Also, my windscreen arrived with one plastic spacer missing. Luckily I had two equivalent sized metal spacers lying around so I was able to use those instead. Especially because I would not want to wait 4 weeks just to have a spacer sent to me from France.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Very nice. Too bad they don't have one for the non-F model. That looks like it would do a decent job, better than the Puig I bought.

Be interesting to see an installation post on your luggage. I assume the top case is Givi, like the saddlebags?
Where did you get it from?
Mae a separate post if you have pictures of the install.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice. Too bad they don't have one for the non-F model. That looks like it would do a decent job, better than the Puig I bought.

Be interesting to see an installation post on your luggage. I assume the top case is Givi, like the saddlebags?
Where did you get it from?
Mae a separate post if you have pictures of the install.
I too would like more info about the luggage...cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Interesting windscreen, I kinda like it. What was your total cost?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I too would like more info about the luggage...cheers
Gotta say, I dig the windscreen but my first thought as well was "****, that Givi luggage looks great!"

Didn't want to say anything to take the OP's post off topic, but since we're all asking. 😜 Details please!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cost to get the windscreen was $199 after shipping.

as for the givi bags:
Total cost of bags: $1120
a seller on ebay has the bags and bag brackets as a bundle that was the best price I could find when I bought them last year. They shipped from Italy right at the start of Covid, so it took FOREVER.

Parts list:
St604- saddlebags
tst3110- saddlebag supports
3110fz- top case bracket
M5 monokey- top plate
V40- monokey top case
E131s- top case backrest

I don’t have a video of the installation, but it is simple. The supports use the passenger peg mounting point and the license plate mounting point locations to bolt up to. They all go on and off easily. The saddlebags are the downside of the whole setup because they are expensive and their location results in them getting scuffed up by (my) passengers when they clumsily get on the bike. The top box is well worth it though. That stays on the bike 24/7. If I could do it again I would buy a slightly bigger box though, because this one isn’t big enough to hold two helmets. There is also an option to by a different mounting bracket to install the saddlebags without the top box, but since the top box is the better storage option in most cases I wouldn’t recommend that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts