GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the bike for just over a year and clocking up over 9000 miles on it i'm selling up and getting some thing different this is not down to not liking the bike i love it but i'm going to be commuting 100 miles a day to university and need to be able to carry a load of equipment with me so moving over to an adventure bike with a full set of panniers. It's going to be a lot cheaper for me to run and the insurance is a lot less which is all handy when starting university over again.

Will be sad to see it go but times change and its not the bike best suited to the job.

:crying:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like a sensible decision, and at least you're still gonna be on a bike! What are you looking at for a replacement?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So when you graduate, you can buy afford to get the latest-and-greatest wonder bike, right? Well ok then. As stated above, I'm glad you're still riding.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The pleasing aside to that purchase is you can do some mild trail work with it, which would be fun. Even if you only go razzing down the odd fire road!

Just read a review of the thing, and it sounds like a fun bike to ride as well as being more practical.

Plus, you can still do this:

What's not to like!?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Life is all about different experiences and I'm sure the change will be a positive experience in your life :)

PM me if you want to sell that end can of yours... I'm local so can pay cash on collection if the price is right ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Enjoy the v-strom as I know I love adventuring on mine, if I was going for just one bike I would be looking at the Vstrom 1000 although there's nothing the 650 will not do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went for the 650 over the 1000 as the paniers on the 650 are much bigger and i need the space

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Life is all about different experiences and I'm sure the change will be a positive experience in your life :)

PM me if you want to sell that end can of yours... I'm local so can pay cash on collection if the price is right ;)
will do that once the new one is all sorted out

·
Registered
974 Posts
I just did over 400km and 7 hours on mine today adventuring through a rain forest on gravel tracks in the rain and loved every minute of it and I even fell off it once but the best thing was you just lift it up get back on and keep smiling, mine has been a savour during the winter while the GSXS waits it's turn for the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm moving mine too, I live in the mtns and actually prefer smaller bikes, it's more fun for me to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow if that makes sense, to ride these things at 100% or even close to that, you're risking life and limb, not to mention your license... Good luck with your new bike!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
one more day of it and its been 2 wet days in a row will have to make the most of riding to change the bikes over on monday

1 - 16 of 16 Posts