GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anyone know how to get one of these outside of the ole US of A?

Saddlemen don't seem to ship outside of USA, and fkd if i can find anyone that stocks saddlemen gear!

It looks reasonable good and it looks pretty darn comfy too.

GP-V1 Solo (with matching pillion cover)- Brand Fitment:*Suzuki Model Fitment:*GSX-S1000 Y
Its very comfy has gel insert on it and awesome. I have mine paid just over $226 front seat and rear pillion cover. It took two weeks to get from order to my house. Try Amazon and see if you can order it from there. If not PM me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its very comfy has gel insert on it and awesome. I have mine paid just over $226 front seat and rear pillion cover. It took two weeks to get from order to my house. Try Amazon and see if you can order it from there. If not PM me.
Do you have a link for the amazon item? can't seem to find any saddlemen seats on amazon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure, when it arrives here in Australia, i'll let you know! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK boys just received my seat.... HOT **** it's a good looking seat compared to stock.

Does the GP-V1 change the angle of the seat at all? The stock seat makes me slide forward too much.
The angle of the seat is fairly similar, although I'd say it would stop you from sliding, the sides are extremely grippy (where the logo is on the sides, that whole section).

give us a shout once you have it, im in sydney and would like to know how long the shipping takes!
where did you order from?
Just arrived today, 13/10/2016, it was shipped 6/10/2016. So about a week. ended up costing about 350 all up i think? The pillion cover, is just the covering, so you will need to organise an MC trimmer to get the pillion seat done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got mine a week ago. Great looking seat. Great quality. It does hold me in one position. Being 5'6" I'm not sure that's going to work for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Being 5'6" I'm not sure that's going to work for me.
I'm not too sure what you mean by this though? What's not going to work for you?

The seat? If so, why wouldn't it, it's the same height as the stock one?

I'm 5'11 and i easily flat foot on the GSX-S1000.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm not too sure what you mean by this though? What's not going to work for you?

The seat? If so, why wouldn't it, it's the same height as the stock one?

I'm 5'11 and i easily flat foot on the GSX-S1000.
The "5' 6" " comment is more about my reach to the bars. Around town I'm more comfortable close to the tank, but, while on the highway and on fast twisties I like to scoot back In the seat. The saddleman seat keeps me in a very solid position that is good for the highway, but, not as comfortable around town. I'm on my toes at stops with both seats, not a problem for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The "5' 6" " comment is more about my reach to the bars. Around town I'm more comfortable close to the tank, but, while on the highway and on fast twisties I like to scoot back In the seat. The saddleman seat keeps me in a very solid position that is good for the highway, but, not as comfortable around town. I'm on my toes at stops with both seats, not a problem for me.
So you'd need rearsets as well to get you in a comfy position for both! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put the seat on today for a bit of a test of the unit. The Seat is reasonably firmer than the factory option, but the gel seems to cushion all of the bumps and impacts really well. Still getting a sore ass, but this is completely different. My lower bike isn't hurting (have some issues with my L3-L5's) at all while on the bike, but there is some slight discomfort with the pressure points where the seat sits on my rear end after a 30 min commute to work.

Nothing too invasive though, and MILES better than the factory seat. 100% would recommend getting this seat if you do require something a little more comfortable and want a better looking seat.

I think it looks the business on the bike. I'll take a picture this afternoon on my way home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
any longtime updates on this? anyone done any longer trips (1000+ km's) on it? I have a trip down to philipp islands planned at the end of february and im considering getting one.

Also, how does it hold up during spirited riding? Can you move around enough on the seat?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts