GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hello everyone! I've owned the GSX-S 1000F for a couple of months, and so far I have no issues with the bike. But my girl does. The passenger seat is **** uncomfortable. Which brings me to the question: does anyone know if any other bike has a compatible seat?
I know a guy that does upholstery, but he needs the original seat, and I really want to keep the stock one just in case. I thought of buying a spare one, but new ones are a rip off, and I couldn't find reasonably priced used ones either. So I thought why not just get a matching seat from whatever other bike that happens to be compatible. Anyone has any experience in this subject?

·
Registered
191 Posts
No other seat will be compatible. Just open your existing seat and add some gel. Problem solved

·
Registered
509 Posts
I bought a corbin gunner dual seat. Heaps of padding and extra width, I opted for the removable back rest too. Very tidy but very pricy. Adds a little bit of height too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought a corbin gunner dual seat. Heaps of padding and extra width, I opted for the removable back rest too. Very tidy but very pricy. Adds a little bit of height too.
do you have a picture with the backrest installed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
take off seat , replace with seat pod, remove pegs ….that's how its meant to be lol
As soon as I get my girl to get her own bike :ROFLMAO:
What? You are keeping it intact, you're just improving the comfort. I don't understand. It would look exactly the same as stock.
If I wanted to know what time is it, would you ask me why do I need it?

I'll probably end up with Corbin if I fail to find a cheap replacement seat. I'm too much of a cheapskate to order from them right away though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
So you come here on a forum asking for help with a problem and after someone replies with a potential solution, you respond like that? Seriously?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts