GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I attempt to check the “actual” code but it just comes up c00...
Schnitz racing did the flash...
Hi Jon,
If it comes up as C00 with the key on, but the engine not running, it means that there is no active alarm present. Is the FI light on at this stage ?
When the bike is running, does it still say C00 ? Is the FI light on at this stage ?

I think that you need to layout your results in dot points to save everybody's time pulling teeth over this.
If you don't ever get anything other than C00 and a FI light, you've got a stuffed ECU now. C00 is only going to reflect back to a good ECU the wired on sensor's compliance of voltage levels are OK.

Have you got an incorrect flash for your US State ?
It's been proved here that a California flash ECU don't work correctly in All States bikes, and brings up a FI light and a front wheel sensor C fault code and the speedo doesn't show the speed at all.
What happens in the reverse direction (All States flash> Calif bike), I don't know.

Rob.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Jon,
If it comes up as C00 with the key on, but the engine not running, it means that there is no active alarm present. Is the FI light on at this stage ?
When the bike is running, does it still say C00 ? Is the FI light on at this stage ?

I think that you need to layout your results in dot points to save everybody's time pulling teeth over this.
If you don't ever get anything other than C00 and a FI light, you've got a stuffed ECU now. C00 is only going to reflect back to a good ECU the wired on sensor's compliance of voltage levels are OK.

Have you got an incorrect flash for your US State ?
It's been proved here that a California flash ECU don't work correctly in All States bikes, and brings up a FI light and a front wheel sensor C fault code and the speedo doesn't show the speed at all.
What happens in the reverse direction (All States flash> Calif bike), I don't know.

Rob.
Ok so.... the FI indicator wouldn’t be on while the C00 code is up because the C00 code fills the space of the the FI code. So no, it doesn’t.
The FI indicator only comes on after it’s been ridden and throttled it up a little.
I then proceed home to and shut the bike off by the toggle and everything clears again. The FI indicator disappears till I take it back out again and give some more throttle...
So you’re saying that the ECU is messed up and that it needs to be reflashed?
Can someone give me a reputable place to have it done, please?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ok so.... the FI indicator wouldn’t be on while the C00 code is up because the C00 code fills the space of the the FI code. So no, it doesn’t.
The FI indicator only comes on after it’s been ridden and throttled it up a little.
I then proceed home to and shut the bike off by the toggle and everything clears again. The FI indicator disappears till I take it back out again and give some more throttle...
So you’re saying that the ECU is messed up and that it needs to be reflashed?
Can someone give me a reputable place to have it done, please?
Hi Jon,
Why don't you leave the shorting wire/paperclip whatever across the diagnostic plug in place, and see what the C code actually is while riding ?
Nothing wrong with that approach, it doesn't affect the bike one bit.

Rob.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Jon,
Why don't you leave the shorting wire/paperclip whatever across the diagnostic plug in place, and see what the C code actually is while riding ?

Rob.
Could you tell me who did your
Hi Jon,

Rob.
Could you tell me who did your flash and where?

·
Registered
412 Posts
$700AU on Dyno.
Stock exhaust and air filter.
The end result was 153.93hp Torque 82.51 with the exhaust valve still hooked up as it was giving the best results.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
$700AU on Dyno.
Stock exhaust and air filter.
The end result was 153.93hp Torque 82.51 with the exhaust valve still hooked up as it was giving the best results.
Nothing else. Exhaust servo is in place and connected. O2 sensor needs to be disconnected.

Thank you so much! I’m going to send them back the ECU to reflash it again. I will make sure the Co2 sensor is disconnected and I’ll pull the baffle out of the air box....
But one thing.... the servo has been eliminated. The bike has CS full exhaust on it now so the servo CANT be connected...

·
Registered
70 Posts
It might not matter, I think I asked about the servo when I did mine, but I can't remember. Make sure to ask him about it when you send it in.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts