1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

had my GSX-S1000F for 2 months.
Coming close to 6000km .
The manual specifies 12000km service intervals for Oceania and European countries.
Why the difference ?
Any other Aussies getting their bikes serviced at 6000 km ?
12000 km seems a long time for oil changes and 24000 km for filters ?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Mine had its 1000k service done by the dealer then in gave it a service and changed to full synth with a new filter at 4000k and it has now done almost 5000k
I generally do a 12 month service that is about September each year just after winter as I don't ride much then and I do about 5000k per year so that works well for me and I may get the dealer to do the next one in September Just for the warranty but I'll take it over from then on

Reactions: ackack

·
Registered
371 Posts
Friend of mine rebuilds Ford engines for a living. He says that the single most important thing for keeping your engine healthy is to 1) Make sure you have enough oil in it, and 2) change it often

I wouldn't go much more than 3000 mi (5000 km) without an oil and filter change, personally (unless you run full synthetic). It's cheap and a quick job.

·
Registered
320 Posts
G'day,

had my GSX-S1000F for 2 months.
Coming close to 6000km .
The manual specifies 12000km service intervals for Oceania and European countries.
Why the difference ?
I don't understand the question, what difference are you referring to?

·
Registered
209 Posts
the big ones would be valve clearance and spark plugs at 15k miles...other than that oil should be changed at 3000 for dino oil or 4500 for synthetic

·
Registered
299 Posts
I redline my car way more than mike bike and I go 5,000 miles in between oil changes on my Ford. I run Full Syn. I do with my bike, too. But, I still change it every 3. With these tiny little alloy motors, I can't imagine there's much room for wear and tear. So, 3,000 miles full syn every time. And I fill the oil filter up with oil before I screw it back in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts