GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Hi & Welcome to the Friendly Forum,
Perhaps you need to say exactly how you want the Manual's form to be in.
There's a problem with sending you an emailed copy directly or posting one as an attachment here due to the size of the file, it's about 107MB in PDF form.
Email sending limit size is generally around 15 to 20 MB, so i doubt anyone US based either can probably send it as a one whole piece.

Years ago, a now disgraced low life Member hosted his GSX-S1000 web site, from which he allowed the 2016 manual to be downloaded.
I have such a copy, and others here have it or bought a hard copy from Suzuki US direct or other bookshops.

You said on your intro post that throttle body synch was a concern, if I remember correctly.
Is this the pressing need at the moment ? I extracted the three pages on that, and it's under 2 MB (3 pages) and it's attached to this post.

The Suzuki Manual method has a real clanger though. It uses a Suzuki Dealer Tool that was only available to Dealers. Called the SDS tool, like a hand held multimeter.
The Manual It doesn't specify the vacuum readings at all.
So without that now obsolete device (it's not accurate enough for Euro 5), the text is rather less useful and covers just the synch itself, not the tear down procedure to get to the TB's.
Most of the electrical chapter refer's to the SDS tool, like in setting the often found incorrectly throttle position sensor (the dreaded TPS).

Rob.

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for these pages.
Yes, I was wondering about the throttle bodies, planning on using the Heal Tech eSync tool. I believe one cylinder should be the reference and should not be altered, the others are adjusted to follow this one. I was hoping the service manual would point me to which one is the reference.

Can you share a google drive link to the entire pdf file by any chance?

What happened with the "disgraced" member? I saw a lot of stuff online about the GSX from some guy with a blue F variant but the website is down, it's a bummer.

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Thank you for these pages.
Yes, I was wondering about the throttle bodies, planning on using the Heal Tech eSync tool. I believe one cylinder should be the reference and should not be altered, the others are adjusted to follow this one. I was hoping the service manual would point me to which one is the reference.

Can you share a google drive link to the entire pdf file by any chance?

What happened with the "disgraced" member? I saw a lot of stuff online about the GSX from some guy with a blue F variant but the website is down, it's a bummer.
"Can you share a google drive link to the entire pdf file by any chance?"
Sorry ,but no can do. Copyright infringement is a thing that I do not to be involved with and is not condoned by this Forum.
A couple of pages is one thing (maybe), the entire Manual is another.

"What happened with the "disgraced" member ?"
Too involved to retell the story, but he was said to take money from Members here for a full exhaust system, but so so many got nothing back except for loss of their full amount.
His site was in Thailand. The last time I visited it, there was only a front page, and the URL name was available for purchase. Was full of helpful GSX-S stuff. The video's probably still on Youtube.
Hopefully, he is rotting in Helll. :poop:

Rob.

· Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,452 Posts
You can get a PDF download HERE fairly cheaply.
Note it is not an active pdf file but you can use bookmarks to navigate.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you’re offering to get it from someone else doing copyright infringement anyways and pay them on top of it?

I was hoping for a bit more of a friendly community here, like most forums.
You can find any service manuals on forums for R1s, GSXRs etc and for our GSX-S it seems the owners themselves are doing their best to make it hard… and have each one of us pay for it and buy separately.
Isn’t the whole point of forums to share things and knowledge for free?

· Registered
502 Posts
Maybe after you have been around a while and contributed to the forum someone may be willing to send you a copy.

For all we know you are some ambulance chasing scummy lawyer looking to screw someone over for DMCA. Most forums these days are wary of allowing sharing for that reason.

Sorry if you don't like it but people have tried to help, and if that isn't enough then you'll have to put you hand in your pocket and buy a copy, same as many on here have done

· Registered
155 Posts
I bought the printed official manual also. Its fine, but I'm not a fan of huge printed books as reference, and the binding is mediocre. The black&white only printing makes the harness diagram a lot less useful though it doesn't make any difference with the rest of the material. Mine immediately started losing pages from the binding so I pulled out all the pages and 3-hole punched them and made up a binder. It was a bit annoying OTOH being able to insert tabbed separator pages for the major sections with additional ones mixed in for the frequently needed stuff is nice.

I'd pay 2* the amount for a plain old PDF, but I'm glad at least the printed version is available.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@RebelBlueIdiot @gpounce
I figured I may end up buying the printed service manual straight from Suzuki. Gotta love those black-and-white diagrams...😄
Thank you for your help guys.

@Slower and Slower
If you're able to send me more pages about the Throttle Body Synch service that would be great and I'd appreciate you. Feel free to reach out via PM if you feel more comfortable.

@Uncle
Yes, it is likely the Owners Manual that you saw (same as what is given with the bike when new).
User Manual shows you how to do an oil change (maybe), how to check your tire pressure, and how to call your Suzuki dealership to the rescue for any other maintenance cause your clumsy hands aren't certified to hold a wrench. 😄

@dekker @Slower and Slower @Barstewardsquad
appreciate the context and understand the copyright challenges.
  • Lawyers go after people who steal others' work and content to sell it to make a massive profit (eg: MegaUpload).
  • A few folks sharing a service manual for free with a dozen of fellow riders will not face any legal trouble, simply cause there's much bigger fish to fry and there is no profit made.
  • The link above to the manuals warehouse shared by @dekker is actually a lot shadier than someone sharing a pdf to help a fellow GSX rider. Someone is making a profit off of stolen content that they do not own the rights to. AND you're giving them your credit card info... Do you really think that's smarter than sharing service manuals for free?
You are encouraging the exact thing you are preaching against.

In other forums, when I posted such request, someone would reach out and send me the manual in PM. No drama, no "wankers" telling me how I should be scared of witches. Just a bunch of good fellow riders helping each other has been the standard for Kawasaki, Yamaha and KTM forums in my experience. Can we do this here?

@Barstewardsquad
Haha! Thank you for the warm welcome buddy.
about contributing: - of all the A holes that have nothing to say, the nicest are the quiet ones -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts